Auria Pro crashing on open

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Alex.Calderon95

Re: Auria Pro crashing on open

Post by Alex.Calderon95 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:02 pm

Ahh okay. Would deleteing a few apps resolve that situation in case that ever happened again? iPad Air 2 (64gb). As of I’m at 36.94gb out of 64gb.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:03 pm

I'm actually talking about RAM and not disk space. Although disk space is important as well. But in this case, it's your iPad's RAM that would come into play. Double-tapping on the home button and making sure to have as few apps running at the same time is the goal for reducing RAM usage. Also, in the Auria project itself, the more tracks you have, the more RAM it uses.

Rim

Alex.Calderon95

Post by Alex.Calderon95 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:32 pm

Oh okay I gotcha! Thanks man! So I guess my last question is why would it not work after everything was cleared, iPad restarted, etc? Shouldn’t that have cleared RAM?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:44 am

If you're still getting this issue even after closing all your other apps and restarting the iPad, I would suspect the project you're working on in Auria. Try creating a new project with only one track and no plugins, and see if you're having the same issue. It could be something unique to that one project.

FYI, restarting the iPad doesn't clear the RAM. iOS typically reloads all the apps that were previously open when you restart, so it's important to do both steps (close apps then restart).

Rim

Alex.Calderon95

Post by Alex.Calderon95 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:12 pm

It wasn’t just the project it was the whole Auria application but It’s been working since i re downloaded it. I won’t beat you to death on this subject haha. Thanks for taking time to respond to me! It’s been working so I’m good for now. Have a good day/night man! Appreciate your help!
Gotcha on the app thing. Yea I had closed them all and restarted them.

erikxtz

Post by erikxtz » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:54 am

After a longer time I´ve opened Auria Pro and Auria Pro in iOS 8.3 crashes down immediately after app start. After reinstall Auria Pro, iPad restart nothing changed. Auria pro crashes on open - not able to use it.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:38 am

Yes, Auria is not compatible with iOS 8 currently because of an issue with the latest Dropbox SDK. This has been fixed in the next Auria update, 2.15 which should be released soon.

Rim