DropBox not syncing

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Precedentsoundars

DropBox not syncing

Post by Precedentsoundars » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:29 pm

I gave permission to access and sync Auria with dropbox, but Auria is not seeing my dropbox files. The load project screen shows two empty folders under dropbox tab. Also, the date modified for the folder is 6 years ago, probably the date I first created a dropbox account.

ceshew
Expert

Re: DropBox not syncing

Post by ceshew » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:41 pm

My Dropbox integration in Auria Pro just stopped working also. When I tap on the Dropbox tab in the load project dialog, it just shows me my projects that are in the iPad already and doesn't load the Dropbox directory. This just happened within the past few days as I loaded a bunch of projects from Dropbox in Auria Pro just a few days ago. I haven't upgraded to iOS11 or made any major changes. What is the issue? Thanks.

lkingston
Expert

Post by lkingston » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:52 pm

Same situation here. I noticed that the Dropbox app recently updated. It might be related.

This is particularly frustrating because I just lost a bunch of work when I had to reinstall after updating to IOS 11. I’ve been redoing the parts. I’m scared I will lose the work again and I can’t back anything up.

pakmanpdx

Post by pakmanpdx » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:10 pm

I am having the exact same issue- I have reinstalled Dropbox and Auria, and when I try to connect it just shows me the local files. HELP!!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:43 am

This appears to be a Dropbox issue, and I'm currently looking into it.

Rim

schafhalter

Post by schafhalter » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:37 am

Hi,
Exactly the same issue ḥere.
We pintend to start to recording next week. Since I plan to mix the recording in my DAW a quick solution would be very much appreciated.
Apart from that, I love Auria!
Many thanks,
Matthias

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:35 am

Everything should be working now according to Dropbox.

Rim

schafhalter

Post by schafhalter » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi Rim,
upload to dropbox works - many thanks for the fast support!
Br,
Matthias

Tamar UK

Post by Tamar UK » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:01 pm

Having this issue now with iOS 11.0.2, Auria upgraded to Pro v2.12

I seem to be stuck in a loop that keeps asking for permission for Auria to access Dropbox every time I attempt to load a project from Dropbox or save a project to Dropbox.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm not sure what could be causing that. Dropbox works fine here on my iPad with the same iOS version. Are you saying that every time you switch to the Dropbox tab, it asks for you to log in?

Did you get an e-mail from Dropbox, asking you to verify that you are the one logging in? It's possible that if you don't reply to this e-mail, they'll ask you to log in each time.

Rim

Tamar UK

Post by Tamar UK » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:15 pm

Hi Rim
Thank you for the quick response and yes you are correct, the problem was with Dropbox blocking the login. All working fine now.
Many Thanks

mso77

Post by mso77 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:27 am

iOS 11.0.2 / Auria Pro 2.13 / Dropbox app up-to-date – still not working for me.

When I tap the Dropbox tab, the Dropbox app opens and asks if I would like to permit access. Then I'm directed back to Auria, but in the Dropbox tab I see only the local folders. When I tap the Dropbox tab again, I am again redirected to the Dropbox app and again asked to permit access ...

This wouldn't be a big problem right now, but I need two tracks I've exported in Garageband in an Auria project and can't import them from the local inbox folder ... Auria gets stuck at the loading bar. And I can't seem to get them into my project any other way.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:51 am

I assume you've responded to their e-mail as well?

I'm not sure what the issue could be, but nothing has changed in Auria regarding Dropbox in several versions, so my guess it might be something on their end. They made some big changes on their side last week, so maybe that's related. Have you contacted them? Maybe also try waiting a day to see if the problem goes away. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but it works on all my iPads here without any issues, so I'm not sure what to suggest.

Rim

mso77

Post by mso77 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:21 am

Hello Rim,

thanks for your answer.

I haven't contacted them yet, because the problem is only in Auria. But I will do that.
Maybe reinstalling the Dropbox app would help.

mso77

Post by mso77 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:32 am

Hm ... I've posted at the Dropbox Forum and got this answer:

Dropbox shutdown API v1 last week after it had been deprecated over a year ago. Application developers needed to update their applications to API v2 (notices went out to developers in June 2016). Any application that was still using API v1 as of last week will no longer function with Dropbox.

That's not to say that the issue you're experiencing is related to API v1 being shutdown, but if it's not, the timing is a hell of a coincidence.

Either way, Dropbox cannot troubleshoot a problem involving a third-party app. You can try updating the Dropbox app on your device. Short of that, any other troubleshooting will need to start with the developer. They'll have access to an API support group within Dropbox.

Maybe this is something ... Although, if it's working on your devices then maybe not.