Odd pause/freezing when recording

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

drock
Expert

Odd pause/freezing when recording

Post by drock » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:04 am

So I just updated my iPad Pro to 10.3.2 and I'm running Auria Pro 2.11,
my buffer size is 4096, the 'use separate buffer size' is Yes and the record buffer size is 256.

Core audio mode is Multiroute.
All my effects are disabled, I took them all out, no effects at all.
And this was never an issue before I updated to iOS 10.3.2..but now what happens is:

I tap the record button for each track (all 16 tracks of drums at 96K), then in the edit view I tap the master record button and then when I tap play....everything freezes. For no reason. Its just stuck. But then after about 20 seconds, it starts recording. Its weird. It does this every time now.
The previous version recorded immediately when I would arm everything and then tap 'play' to record.

So, its not a deal breaker, it still works, its just a small bug.
Thanks for any help!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Odd pause/freezing when recording

Post by Rim » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:21 am

This can happen on projects which contain an unusually large number of regions, crossfades/fades, automation or mdi notes. Do any of your tracks have a lot of these?

Rim

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:34 pm

I'd say a large number of regions since the drums aren't all one long take and since I'm pushing 40+ tracks for the whole song itself, I'd say yeah. Only a few fades and no midi or automation though.
But I just find it odd that with the same exact project had no issues before with the same amount of tracks and fades. I updated to iOS 10.3.2 in the middle of recording this project.

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:03 pm

And actually when I first ran into this issue, I saw this odd little symbol at the top next to the name of the project. It's this little circular symbol that looks like some form of clock or countdown..and when it was at least halfway full it would let me record.
Also, at that time, I DID however have some plugins in certain channels and that's when I noticed this symbol. I deleted all the plugins (like I mentioned in my first post) yet still have this delay, just no more circle usually,
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (21.59 KiB) Viewed 7744 times

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:52 pm

OK, that explains it - the symbol you're seeing is related to Auria's real-time audio warping. What's happening is any time you do any editing, Auria has to recompute the warped tracks, and that symbol is telling you it's doing that in the background. When it's done, the CPU usage returns to normal.

Rim

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:42 am

But the circle doesn't appear anymore, yet theres still a major lag, about 20 seconds once I tap 'play' and it starts recording. It's weird...never happened before. But, at least its working. I guess theres always new, random bugs when updating to a newer iOS, especially 10.3.2 apparently.