Can't freeze tracks anymore... and advice needed for a reins

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Cyril777
Expert

Can't freeze tracks anymore... and advice needed for a reins

Post by Cyril777 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:01 am

Hi,

I already posted about a graphic glitch I have on the edit window. It looks like a white automation line which blinks when zooming, scrolling or moving clips... It seems to be more and more present.
But I post about a problem I have for a while but now I really need to solve it.
I can't freeze tracks anymore. No matter how long or complex the track is, in all my projects, when I press the freeze button, the progression bar doesn't appear and pressing cancel doesn't work because Auria is blocked, and I must restart it.
These two issues appeared after another problem I had a few months ago : I was working on a project and one day, it became totally offline, only the clips remains but all the audio was gone. I decided to repair it (23 tracks... ouch !! I wish there was a batch import function in Auria...), and I experienced a lots of audio glitches and cracks during the process.
Anyway, I don't know if these informations make sense and if you find a correlation between the facts. I know that the graphic bug is known from you and will be fixed in a future update. But I really need to be able to freeze tracks. I can't go on on my actual project because I always got the warning message "CPU overload" (despite my iPad Pro).
So, if there's no direct solution to my problem, I think I'm gonna reinstall Auria. And for that I need some advices : I upgraded to Auria Pro (and not bought the Pro version), I upgraded Pro-Q and Pro-C, but in the menu I have the 2 versions (I see Pro-Q and Pro-Q2) and in the store, Pro-Q2 and Pro-C2 are still available for purchase... strange. So is there some recommendations for the reinstallation?
I thank you for your help,
best regards

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Can't freeze tracks anymore... and advice needed for a r

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:39 am

Hi,

There's actually no issue with freezing that I know of, but what you're describing could be caused by the freeze function taking longer than usual (this depends on how much automation/fades/warp markers you have on a track, the number of effects, and other factors). Sometimes freezing a track can take several minutes, and the progress bar will sit at 0% for a very long time before you see it move. Maybe give it 15 minutes or so, to see if it eventually freezes the track.

If you quit Auria before the freeze is complete, this could cause a project corruption, since it was in the middle of freezing a track...

Rim

Cyril777
Expert

Post by Cyril777 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:43 pm

Rim wrote:Sometimes freezing a track can take several minutes, and the progress bar will sit at 0% for a very long time before you see it move. Maybe give it 15 minutes or so, to see if it eventually freezes the track.
Rim
I never waited more than 5 minutes, considering the usual time it took when I had to do it (always in relation with the track content, a few minutes for a 7' track with 1 or 2 plugins, and sometimes less than 1' for a short track with no fx).
I thought it was working no more because even with a 3' track with no plugin and no effect, the progression bar didn't start (not even a tiny bit of the blue bar), and it was the same with every tracks of my projects, so I made this conclusion, and it seems I'm wrong. But 15' for freezing a track, you're scaring me ! Why would it take so long when the duration is usually "normal" ?
But I will do like you say and wait longer, much much longer !
And about a reinstallation of Auria, considering the informations I wrote, would you have some recommendations or you think it should work like any other app ?
Thank you for your help, and THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the AudioUnit compatibility!!!! It's the ice on the cake !

There's actually no issue with freezing that I know of, but what you're describing could be caused by the freeze function taking longer than usual (this depends on how much automation/fades/warp markers you have on a track, the number of effects, and other factors). Hi,

There's actually no issue with freezing that I know of, but what you're describing could be caused by the freeze function taking longer than usual (this depends on how much automation/fades/warp markers you have on a track, the number of effects, and other factors). for the AudioUnit compatibility

Cyril777
Expert

Post by Cyril777 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi,
I'm referring to my last post and my problem with the freeze function. I know you told me this was not a listed bug. And that's why I wrote a long description of a problem I had a few months ago, an offline project, and it was after this problem that the freeze function didn't work anymore.
I did a few more tests after your answer and now it's worst, Auria crashes as soon as I press the freeze button. I can send you the crash reports, maybe this will help you to help me !

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:36 pm

Thanks, I see all the crash reports here, so no need to send them. If this happens only on a certain project, it's likely that project is corrupt somehow. If I try to freeze a track on a new project here, I don't see any issues. Most likely it's not the freezing that's the issue, but something that happened to the project at some point (caused by another bug probably).

Rim