Problem Importing File

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Post Reply
bigbearvo
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 6:06 am

Problem Importing File

Post by bigbearvo » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:59 am

The following occurs when importing one or more files(wav,m4a,aif,mp3), from the project folder or from Dropbox to specific tracks, with either beginning of song or timeline position checked:

-file is imported to current project's folder, converted to .wav format, BUT converted file is not placed in the designated track at the designated point

-after multiple attempts, file will finally be placed in track

-this happens on approx. 75% of import file attempts

-this results in multiple copies of the file in the project folder, using up storage space unnecessarily.

This obviously slows down work flow,and is quite aggravating. Any chance of fixing it?

Thanks!

P.S. Using Auria Pro on an iPad Pro

supanorton
Expert
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Problem Importing File

Post by supanorton » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:57 am

I'm having a similar file import problem but only when using automatic time stretch on Apple Loops.

In the early stages of a project, automatic time stretch will work with all my Apple Loops. After importing, copying, pasting, slicing, and editing for a good while, some files will import empty, even ones that imported fine earlier in the session.

I can import the file and manually time stretch it, but that does slow things down considerably.

I'm importing from inside Auria Pro, running latest version of Auria and iOS on iPad Air 2.

Rim
Site Admin
Posts: 7845
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:08 pm

Re: Problem Importing File

Post by Rim » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:25 pm

If there's a specific file that Auria has trouble importing every time, please send it to me. I'd like to see what's going on.'

Thanks,
Rim

supanorton
Expert
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Problem Importing File

Post by supanorton » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:20 am

Rim wrote:If there's a specific file that Auria has trouble importing every time, please send it to me. I'd like to see what's going on.'

Thanks,
Rim
Hi Rim,
I just created a new project, set the BPM to 150, imported one 145 BPM Apple Loop using automatic time stretch. Works perfectly. The name of the file is !Br_TS.wav and shows up in the waveform.

Import the same file to the same track to where the cursor is set, imports fine; however, Auria renames it to .wav. instead of its original name.

Import the same file, the same way, Auria imports an empty file and names it .wav 1.

I just did this three times, each time starting with a new project. I also used three different loops. Same results each time.

The same results have occurred while using Apple Loops from a different company.

I hope this helps.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests