Mackie MCU Pro Problems

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Mackie MCU Pro Problems

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun May 22, 2016 4:45 am

My new Mackie MCU Pro that I purchased as the main MCU/HUI controller is not working properly. In Mackie Control mode NOTHING doesn't even turn on. In logic mode neither the channel strip or the plugin can be controlled as well as there are no VU meters. In HUI mode things work a little better like I actually have VU meters and I can control the channel strip but no access to the plugin. Cant open the channel strip in HUI mode but by pressing Vpot 5 the channel strip will go away. In HUI Mode, mutes and solos only work on the first 8 channels so when banking over to the next 8 channels the mutes from the first 8 channels are still there in the next bank. The two extenders don't work but are seen in the midi settings page and can be connected but can't be controlled. It would be great to choose more than one remote and to choose the order in which they are controlled just like in Logic Pro settings. Lots of work needs to be done to the HUI or MCU control in Auria Pro for this to be a worthwhile investment as a control surface for Auria Pro. I had high hopes that this would work as advertised here on the forum and in the Auria manual but this is not the case. Not sure how long its been since Rim has connected an MCU Pro to Auria but it would be a good idea to hook one up and check out what Im going through here. I will be doing a vid on this to demystify all the talk about this controller being used with Auria. Looking into this is really important as this has always been the recommended controller of choice for Auria.

iPad Pro 12.9in, Latest Auria Pro Version, Latest IOS , latest Mackie MCU pro 4.0.3

Corey W
Expert

Re: Mackie MCU Pro Problems

Post by Corey W » Sun May 22, 2016 10:12 pm

Anthony,
I am actually expecting a MCU Pro to come into the office this week. I suppose the timing is good based on your post here. Once I get it set up on my end, I will report back if I am getting the same results in Auria Pro.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon May 23, 2016 8:34 am

Wow that is good timing. Thank You Corey for looking into this for me. Much appreciated. Love you guys. :D

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:38 am

Hi Corey, any update on your MCU Pro arrival? Would love some feedback to see if your experiencing the same as I am. Cheers and thanks~~_/)~~*

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:00 am

It was supposed to be here last week and had not shown up yet. I reached out to my contact at Mackie again to see what the holdup is. I am eagerly awaiting its arrival!

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:42 pm

The MCU Pro finally showed up this morning! I am going to start digging into it tomorrow and will get back to you.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:41 pm

Cool good to hear. I fired of f a reply to your email. Good luck.