Freezing track Auria Pro very slow

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Atoms4Infants
Expert

Freezing track Auria Pro very slow

Post by Atoms4Infants » Mon May 16, 2016 6:32 am

Hi,

Running Auria Pro v2.04 (iOS 9.3.1) iPad Pro.

I am getting a very slow response with freezing a track in Auria (taking about 5 mins). I had no problem freezing several other tracks quite speedily on the same project with the exact same FX setup. The more tracks I freeze the slower the process seems to get.

Only only modifcations per track are PSP strip has EQ and Comp settings, Volume automation on the tracks.

Thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Freezing track Auria Pro very slow

Post by Rim » Tue May 17, 2016 7:44 am

Freezing speed varies depending on the CPU load of that particular track, so if you have effects on a track, it will take longer to freeze.

Rim

Atoms4Infants
Expert

Post by Atoms4Infants » Tue May 17, 2016 8:08 am

Yes well I can understand that would be the case but as I said in the original post the only fx per track are PSP strip EQ / Compression and volume automation.

Also please consider I am running Auria Pro on iPad Pro. Is this normal for freeze track to take that long? CPU load is not impacted very much at all for other intensive operations such as HQ Convolution FX?

Some tracks are taking far longer than others even though the same FX setup on each track as above.

Times as follows with stereo audio tracks

1. 4 secs
2. 4 secs
3. 5 secs
4. 30 secs
5. 5 mins
6. etc.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed May 18, 2016 7:39 am

I just tried freezing an audio track here on my Pro with the PSP channel strip enabled (all functions on), and it took only a few seconds. I'm not sure what might be going on in your case. Is it possible for you to create a new project which causes this to happen every time? That would be helpful.

Thanks,
Rim

Atoms4Infants
Expert

Post by Atoms4Infants » Sat May 21, 2016 8:47 am

Thanks Rim.

I cant replicate the issue on an new project. Could this be a corrupt project file?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun May 22, 2016 8:42 am

Probably not corrupt, but something is unique in that project that isn't in your new project (automation, 64 bit mixer mode, other settings, etc).

Rim