Neither Auria Pro nor Midi Flow will start

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Gmokus0827

Neither Auria Pro nor Midi Flow will start

Post by Gmokus0827 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:36 pm

Hello Gang,
New to Auria and new to midi so be gentle...
After an extended session of using MidiFlow to separate Roland V-drum Midi tracks into individual midi Tracks in Auria Pro, my Audio Pro session became unresponsive. I pressed the home button and it took 3-5 seconds before the app "hibernated" and I got my home screen. I opened Midi Flow only to see the session was frozen there as well and similarly took 3-5 seconds to get my home screen back. After much "refreshing" which I'll describe in a moment, I opened GarageBand just as a "well, does this at least work" and it, too, will not load. All other apps I've tried on the iPad work normally, only music creation/DAW apps are affected. Audiobus opens fine as well.

Situation:
iPad Pro
iOS 9.2.1
Auria Pro
Midi Flow
16 "lines" going into Midi Flow (one for each trigger including snare and Tom rims and 3 for ride cymbal, etc)
10 "lines" going out of Midi FLow into 10 tracks for Auria Pro (grouped toms, grouped all ride together, crash together, Hi-hat together) Used channels 1-9 and then 11 since channel 10 is the "all voices" from the V-drums and therefore was getting everything.
Lyra-drums - Metal Kit is the only thing selected in the channel strip. No other affects or plug ins in use.
I let the apps sit for about 10 mins as I was researching missing notes and the iPad went into Autolock. When I opened the iPad again, Auria Pro was unresponsive and so on.
Things I've tried:
1) double click home button and swipe up to clear out all background apps
2) hold down home button and power button and hard reset
3) hold down just the power button until "slide to power off' comes up and then add holding down the home button until I get the home screen (supposed to clear ram)
4) delete Auria Pro, Midi Flow, and GarageBand (again GarageBand was just a "does this at least work" attempt. Was NOT in use at any time before the problem.
5) Re-install all of the above
Nothing works. Based on this affecting more than Auria, it may not be an Auria problem, but it was the app I was using when the issue started so starting here. Any ideas anyone? I've seen references to crash reports but have no idea how to get one. If that's helpful, please give me a quick tutorial and I'll include it. I've gotten excited and sunk a lot into plugins and really enjoying it and want to get back to it!

Gmokus0827

Re: Neither Auria Pro nor Midi Flow will start

Post by Gmokus0827 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:16 pm

In case anyone runs into this, I have found a way to "fix" it though root cause is still a mystery. For some reason, choosing "Reset all Settings" in the iPad Settings Menu clears up the problem. I got into the same situation using MidiFlow again and so I've decided to delete it and use Auria solo, though now I still need a splitting option. So there you go if needed.