Unwanted automation keys added by itself

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Cyril777
Expert

Unwanted automation keys added by itself

Post by Cyril777 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:41 am

Hi,
it's happen a lot and I can't understand if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.
Very often, when I work on the edit window, I realize that an automation has been added to one of the track mixer parameter : it can be the AUX knob suddenly at its maximum, or the expander/gate button enable on, and what's weird is these "unwanted" automated parameters don't show up in the automation parameter menu of the track. The parameter in question, let's say it's the AUX level at its maximum, is not highlighted in the menu (like it is when you have recorded a parameter) and there is no automation key(s) either on the track, but it's there : each time you press play, this parameter recalls its position. And because there's no key, it's really annoying because the only way to delete this automation is to actually write it "voluntarily", so it appears on the track and you can delete it the usual way. Of course you can just disable the "read" mode but in the case other parameters of the track are already automated, you have to proceed this way.
Sometimes it happens just after I open the project : I look at the mixer and notice that a track pan knob is max left/right or the 2 AUX knobs of a track are full opened... of course, I'm sure I left a "clean" session when I closed Auria the last time.
All this to say that I'm almost certain that it's not coming from a clumsy manipulation.
Is this sound familiar to you, did this happen to someone else ?

PS: please , Rim, could you put back the possibility to let the master meter level window on the screen when you are in the edit view ? Sometimes I make it appears by "accident" when I press the X button to close the channel strip window.,..
see the screenshots
Attachments
Photo.png
the level meter window displayed in the edit view... it appears sometimes when I want to close the channel strip window of a track

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Unwanted automation keys added by itself

Post by Rim » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:29 am

Thanks for letting me know. Sounds like some obscure bug that's causing phantom automation to be added. I'll add this to my list to investigate. The meter is also on my list.

Rim

Rorliden

Post by Rorliden » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:56 am

I have experienced exaxtly this problem. The only work around I found is to not use automation at all which is really limiting.
Some projects are worse than others, but I havent found the reason.
Have you heard of any update concerning this bug.
I am running Auria PRO but i am thinking of going back to Auria to se if this behaviour dissapears.
What Auria where you running.

Cyril777
Expert

Post by Cyril777 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:11 pm

Rorliden wrote:I have experienced exaxtly this problem. The only work around I found is to not use automation at all which is really limiting.
Hi,
your solution is pretty extreme, and I cannot think working without automations. But I must say this issue happens (to me at least...) a lot. Like I wrote, the only way I found to get rid of these unwanted and self-appearing automation is to actually record it, so you can see the keys, and delete it. And sometimes it doesn't work the first time... worst thing is that when a parameter is automated, its name is highlighted is white in the parameters menu. But when you have an unwanted one, it is not even highlighted!
One other thing which really annoys me is when you record an parameter in write mode, and Auria is playing, when you press stop or press again the "r" yellow icon (from write mode) to quit write mode, the parameter always get to its maximum (or minimum) position. I never understood why.
Concerning your solution to go back to Auria, I must say that these 2 issues happened to me already before the Pro upgrade.