Can't Open Auria/ Crashes

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

giomakyo
Expert

Can't Open Auria/ Crashes

Post by giomakyo » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:00 am

Hi,

Auria has suddenly stopped working. If I try to open the app, it crashes instantly, doesn't get past the initial "Auria" logo display. I have tried quitting the app and reopening, same thing. I have tried powering off and restarting the iPad several times, but if I try to open Auria, it crashes immediately. On iOS 8.4, iPad 3.

Auria had been working fine, The last action I took on Auria prior to this problem was I had just installed Audioshare and tried exporting a 2-bar loop from Auria via the Audioshare function. It successfully exported, but I have not been able to open Auria since. I had been using Auria heavily the past few weeks with no crashing problems. Sunrizer was the only other music-related app that I don't normally use but used before the crashing started.

Please tell me how to proceed. I deleted Audioshare but that did not help.

I have Auria projects backed up on dropbox, so if necessary I can delete and reinstall, but will there be any issues with restoring my plug-in purchases? Also wondering if there are any known conflicts with AudioShare or Sunrizer.

Thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Can't Open Auria/ Crashes

Post by Rim » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:49 am

It sounds like your Auria installation got corrupted somehow. The only solution I can think of is to delete Auria and reinstall. Sounds like you have your projects backed up, so that's good. Might also be a good idea to back up the Plugin Presets folder (if you have any custom presets). Once it's reinstalled, just go to the Auria Store and press the restore purchases button to get your purchases back.

Rim

giomakyo
Expert

Re: Can't Open Auria/ Crashes

Post by giomakyo » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:08 pm

Ok, reinstall went smoothly.
If I hit the same error again, I'll let you know, Will reinstall Audioshare later and see what happens.