iTunes File Sharing Stopped Recognizing Auria Projects

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

indratgj
Expert

iTunes File Sharing Stopped Recognizing Auria Projects

Post by indratgj » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:09 pm

I have been having an on-going and extremely frustrating problem with trying to back up Auria projects. At first I thought iFunbox had just stopped working, but then I discovered that the same problem occurs at the same time with iTunes Filesharing. It's this:

I connect the iPad to my PC via the USB cable. I wait for the iTunes to sync the iPad. When this is done, I can click on my iPad icon, and then "Apps" and find Auria listed in the "Apps that can transfer documents" near the bottom of the page. Double clicking on the Auria icon displays the files and folders. The problem is that I can only copy out .m4a files. If I try to drag and drop a project folder to a hard drive or to the desktop, nothing happens. No warnings, no clocking, no nothing.

The same applies if I try to copy a backed-up project from my hard drive to Auria using Filesharing. Nothing happens and nothing is copied. Incidentally, I have another post which describes a version of this same problem that I was having with iFunbox. I won't go into that again, since the neither product (iTunes or iFunbox) works when this problem is happening. So, I think if I can get Filesharing to work, iFunbox will work too.

The problem is intermittent. Some days it works fine for an hour or so. Other days, like today, I can't get it to work at all.

My setup: Latest version of Auria (not Auria Pro); iPad Air 2 with 64 GB; PC running Windows 10; latest version of iTunes; latest version of iFunbox; WD Elements 1 TB USB hard drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, since I have to have some reliable way of backing up my projects. Thanks.

Travis
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro

Rim
Site Admin

Re: iTunes File Sharing Stopped Recognizing Auria Projects

Post by Rim » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:06 pm

The Windows version of iTunes doesn't allow folders of any kind to be copied to the iPad. This has always been an issue, and it affects all apps, not just Auria. The Mac version of iTunes doesn't have this problem, it's just the Windows version. That's why I recommend iFunBox, as it doesn't have the same restriction. When you try to copy a folder using iFunBox, what happens?

Rim

indratgj
Expert

Post by indratgj » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:43 am

Rim,

Thanks for the response. When it happens in iFunbox it's this:

I open iFunbox and wait until it connects to the iPad. I then click on the "Managing App Data" tab at the top of the screen. Auria appears under "iTunes File Sharing." I click on it and select Open Sandbox. The leftmost pane displays the Auria folders. text briefly appears in the larger rightmost pane, but immediately disappears, leaving a blank right pane.

If I try to click on any of the folders in the left pane, the program freezes. It says iFunbox is not responding. If I exit iFunbox, I get a message that asks if I want to kill the program or wait for it to respond. When I kill it, a Windows message appears that says that a problem has been detected and Windows is searching for a resolution.

At least all of the above is what happens when it's not working. Today, just now, it's working. (Part of the reason it's driving me crazy.) I tried iExplorer last night. It seemed to work fine. Is there any reason I shouldn't use iExplorer all the time for backups, or at least on those days when iFunbox decides not to work?

Thanks for the help.
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:55 pm

iFunBox has it's days for sure... iExplorer works just as well, so if that works for you, there's no reason not to use it instead.

Rim

indratgj
Expert

Post by indratgj » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:49 pm

Okay. It's always good to have options. Thanks.

Travis