Cracles and pops on auria pro 2.03/ios9.1 + 9.2

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Emirmusic

Cracles and pops on auria pro 2.03/ios9.1 + 9.2

Post by Emirmusic » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:06 am

Hi.
Im running an upgraded(from standard version) Auria pro with Behringer fca1616+8ch adat, 16 channels altogether. I never had a problem...

Ever since I updated Auria to 2.03 version I'm having issues with the setup running with adat. Lots of crackles and pops + some kind of digital reverberation after each recorded signal.
After the problem appeared I updated the ipad to the 9.2, updated the firmware of the unit, fiddled with the core audio setting, buffer size and the problem persists. I also changed the cable, the camera kit adaptor. The same setup is working fine on Macbook pro/ LogicX
There are no Cpu or disk spikes(usage at 15%).

Is there a way to roll back to Auria 2.01 or 2.02 for a test?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

also...when I updated to pro version, the track saving time got drastically longer. is that a bug?

Cheers & Thank you,

Emir

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Cracles and pops on auria pro 2.03/ios9.1 + 9.2

Post by Rim » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:40 am

The audio system in Auria hasn't changed since version 1.51, so it's not possible that the 2.03 update would have caused this. However, iOS 9.2 has some serious issues related to USB audio interfaces, where crackles, pops and latency appear in several interfaces. If you have a way to go back to iOS 9.1, it will most likely fix your problems, otherwise we're crossing our fingers that Apple will fix this in a future update.

Rim

MigZ

Post by MigZ » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:12 am

That sounds exactly like the kind of noise I'm getting with my duet in iOS 9.2. I upgraded to both ios9.2 and Auria pro before using the duet, so it's hard to pinpoint where the problem lies, but I'm guessing it's iOS.

Emirmusic

Post by Emirmusic » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:21 am

Sorry for the late reply... I have been occupied by work...thank you for answering :)

I have been thinking long and hard about this problem, and decided to wait it out...so no downgrade. Too much hassle for me..
Funny thing is that sooner or later people will upgrade or be forced to upgrade to a higher version of IOS, which also means that you or Apple will have to do something about this problem, otherwise you have a non working app(usb connection).

Cheers,
Emir