midi notes stuck + midi piano roll improvements?

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: midi notes stuck + midi piano roll improvements?

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:44 pm

Yes, feel free to contact them as well.

Rim

King
Expert

Post by King » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:19 am

Rim wrote:Yes, feel free to contact them as well.

Rim
Ok cool.

Wasn't sure, as they are built-in to Auria.

8)
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

c0wfunk
Expert

Post by c0wfunk » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:54 pm

I have run into this with the Novation Circuit as well .. stopping auria seemingly stops the clock and the notes stop playing, but one of the tracks hangs and the play button on the circuit never turns off. Interestingly it seems to be only one of the 4 tracks that hangs.

On the circuit forum they're saying it sounds like there is never a stop command sent. Does Auria actually send a stop midi command when you press stop or only the all notes off?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:52 pm

Auria sends the All Notes Off message and also sends a Sustain Off message (64) when you press the stop button on the transport. If you have MMC enabled, it also sends an MMC Stop command and if you have MIDI Clock Send enabled, it sends a MIDI Clock stop message.

Rim

c0wfunk
Expert

Post by c0wfunk » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:36 am

OK, it does not appear to be responding to the MMC start / stop at all so I guess the all notes off and midi clock stop are not working properly. I'll check in with Novation support and see what I can find out. Thanks.

c0wfunk
Expert

Post by c0wfunk » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:05 am

I've been told "Circuit expects an FC status byte to stop." .. Is this being sent by Auria?

the terminology here is confusing, is this the same as either of these? "MMC Stop command and if you have MIDI Clock Send enabled, it sends a MIDI Clock stop message."

Edit: looking at the midi spec, i've determined it is different than the mmc stop command, but perhaps this is what you mean by a midi clock stop message?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:56 am

Yes, that's what I meant by MIDI Clock Stop. Auria sends an "FC" byte when you press stop on the transport. You just need to make sure the setting "Send MIDI Start and Stop" is selected in the MIDI section of Auria's settings page.

Rim

c0wfunk
Expert

Post by c0wfunk » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:55 pm

ok thanks. i have novation tech support working with me on it now, ill forward this info to them.