iPad mini crashes if I use any fx

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Redblooded

iPad mini crashes if I use any fx

Post by Redblooded » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:00 am

Hello, I am new to Auria and its impressive. My cpu % is 9 and running two tracks but if I add any fx it crashes after a loud overload sound. Frustrated because the fx and automation was why I left garage band. Please help

Rim
Site Admin

Re: iPad mini crashes if I use any fx

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:35 am

That's very odd. What effects are you trying to use, the built-in ones? If you're trying to use an IAA, it's not uncommon to see crashing, since IAAs are all made by other developers, and there are lots of incompatibilities.

Rim

Redblooded

Post by Redblooded » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:52 pm

Thanks for the response Rim. I am using the built in fx. Eq, compress, reverbs. I did have some trouble using drum perfect pro also. I have nothing running in the background. When I initially installed it my iPad did freeze up and I restarted it. I'm not using any other plugins. Any thoughts?

Redblooded

Post by Redblooded » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:41 pm

I was just doing some mixing and was able to use Eq,reverb and compression on three different tracks. The only difference was I had my iPad not in my itrack dock. The CPUs % was at 25 but it never crashed. I don't see why it would make a difference. I am using the focus rite itrack dock. Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:01 am

CPU usage can go up dramatically depending on the buffer size you're using. If you go to the settings page you can set the buffer size. The larger the buffer size, the less CPU an app will use. The number in parenthesis is the actual size being used (iOS doesn't always let you change the size, so this lets you know the size you're actually using). If you don't have any MIDI tracks in your project, Auria will let you use a buffer size up to 4096 (which uses very little CPU), but if you have any MIDI tracks, iOS has a restriction where the buffer size can't be higher than 512.

Rim

Redblooded

Post by Redblooded » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:22 am

Thanks rim. I ramped up the buffer size since I'm not using midi. I will be able to record today and let you know if it helps. The cup % has already dropped to 17. Thank you . Auria is pretty amazing.