Waveform Redraw Problem

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

indratgj
Expert

Waveform Redraw Problem

Post by indratgj » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:54 pm

I have the latest version of Auria (not Auria Pro, just the latest upgrade release). I am running an iPad Air 2, with 64 GB.

I have a project with only five tracks. We had to do a significant amount of comping and editing to improve the penny whistle track. The last edit involved copying and moving a phrase from later in the tune to the intro. After I did that, and prior to doing a Join to combine the moved portion with the original track, the waveform appeared fine. However, after we reviewed the edit and did the join to create a seamless whistle track, the waveform started to not redraw properly.

Specifically, if you pinch the tracks, such that you are displaying the entire recording on the screen, without having to scroll to see the whole thing, the whistle waveform turns into a flat line. If I back off the pinch, increasing the resolution, such that you can only see four bars, or so, of the music on one screen, the waveform re-appears. At any higher resolution, meaning five bars, or so, the whistle waveform flat lines again.

It only affects the whistle track. The other four tracks are fine, retaining the waveform display no matter what resolution its viewed at.

The sound is fine, all tracks are there and great, it's just a concern for editing, and generally wondering what's going on. Is there a way to keep this from happening, or fix it?

Travis
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Waveform Redraw Problem

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:58 pm

It sounds like something went wrong with the Join function. I've added it to my list to look into.

Rim