Moving loop locator whilst playing

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Dancore
Expert

Moving loop locator whilst playing

Post by Dancore » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:40 am

- If the song is set to loop, then moving the end locator to a position before the playhead cursor whilst playing throws the play position completely off. This doesn't happen if loop is not enabled.

Many thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Moving loop locator whilst playing

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:15 am

Thanks, I'll look into this.

Rim

Lewisdfc@gmail.com

Post by Lewisdfc@gmail.com » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:26 pm

I have a similar problem on Auria, I just upgraded to pro and it still happens. It was a midi track I just tested and does the same thing:
When audio has been looping if I move the play head past the end of the loop the the play head continues to move onwards like it should but I still hear the audio looping even though the play head has moved on to different audio.

Another few things, which I won't bother creating a new topic for:

I move loop areas till I get the loop I want, which sounds seemless on current track. I then split the audio to the loop, and still sounds fine. But when I move the newly split audio down to the next track (defiantly still within the loop regions as it is set to Bars) there is a glitch between end and start of loop (no longer seemless). If I duplicate the section it plays seemlessly or even if I move the section back to its original place a track up it sounds fine. Minor I know, but increases my work time.

I have also had 2 crashes since upgrading to pro yesterday. Before pro I had one crash, losing a recording. I know the odd crash is inevitable as this is a powerful app but slightly concerned if Pro has properly downloaded onto my iPad with these 2 crashes (happening with an almost empty session) shortly after installing . I also can't open the fabfilters (which I created a topic about in general discussion).
Cheers, Lewis

GoesTo

Post by GoesTo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:34 am

Lewisdfc@gmail.com wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:26 pm
When audio has been looping if I move the play head past the end of the loop the the play head continues to move onwards like it should but I still hear the audio looping even though the play head has moved on to different audio.
I'm a new user with the latest version and am running into exactly this problem. With MIDI too. Is it an acknowledged bug? Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:27 am

Yes, it's a bug that I haven't found a good way to fix yet...

Rim

GoesTo

Post by GoesTo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:51 am

Okay thanks good to know