Importing midi drum files causes issues

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

dvizedom

Importing midi drum files causes issues

Post by dvizedom » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:59 am

this is the second time I had problems with Auria after importing the free midi drum files and modifying the drum pattern using piano roll mode. The first time I had to re-load Auria after the system completely locked up on me and would not reset. This time, I can not add any track names to the project after adding and editing the midi drum files. I have power off all reset and powered back on restarting aria and still I cannot add any track names to any project that I start now. I am using an iPad air2 with iOS 9 .02. The last time I had this problem I had to reload aria and all my plug-ins and start over again. I hope this time there is a simple solution. Thanks for the help in advance. :D

Update
After filling out this bug report,I went back to aria restarted and everything appeared to operate correctly. I think perhaps there still may be a problem with the midi drum import files that cause Auria to operate strangely at times.

I will let you know if I experience additional problems associated with this issue. thanks again.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Importing midi drum files causes issues

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:10 am

Thanks, please let me know if you're able to reproduce it. I'll investigate the report as well.

Rim

dvizedom

Post by dvizedom » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:51 am

Rim,
Loading Midi drum files problem has re surfaced. Steps:
1.opened Auria
2 selected Import Files
3 selected Midi> Opened Last Techno Pattern select first selection. Had load to start of project and Tempo map yes selected
4 selected to load track 1
5 selected Load or OK

Track loaded and Played.

Reset set cursor to start of project>

6. Selected import file
7. Open midi files' selected 2nd to last Techno drum pattern > Selected no to tempo map and all other selections stayed the same.
8 Open/Ok
9 Pattern load on track one on top of existing midi pattern.I highlighted and moved pattern to the right to the next open measure.
10.played patterns both played ok.
11.selected Import file > opened Midi Files selected another pattern ( with out changing any other options.
12 Selected Ok. HERE IS WHERE THE ISSUE STARTS
13.I was booted out of Auria back to the program select screen on my IPad.
14. I selected Auria to open
15 Auria Opened and the program loading indicator started.
16 The Auria Error screen came up asking to list steps I had done. Then after 1 second it flashed off and booted me out of Auria.
17 I could see Auria was still running in the background but any attempt to start Auria recycles (from step 13 to here)
18 I shut down IPad completely and powered it off >Restarted> Selected Auria.. Same process from step 13 over and over.

The last time This happened I had to un instaLL AURIA and reinstall.
I'm not familiar with your code but seems like some code check in the Project load sequence remained open or corrupted, preventing Auria from completing boot up. Just A SWAG.... This only happens when I load Midi Drum Patterns back to back.. Hope this helps

8. Selected midi drum techno file. ( the

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:24 am

Thanks, I believe this is fixed now in 2.03, which will be submitted to Apple early next week.

Rim

dvizedom

Post by dvizedom » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:13 pm

Thanks Rim

Dave V