BLUETOOTH KEYBOARDS - bug that's not a bug?!

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sleekitwan

BLUETOOTH KEYBOARDS - bug that's not a bug?!

Post by sleekitwan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:32 pm

Hi all.

First real posting, and it's not fair to say this is a bug, because it probably concerns something most users don't seem to have issue with. I just downloaded AURIA Pro for free...no, that's me kidding, I paid for it on the AppStore like everyone else.

I always sit my iPad 4 on the Logitech Bluetooth keyboard I use for my many writings. This note is just to say that unless you turn OFF such a keyboard, you can NEVER record-enable any track. When you set up a new project, it SEEMS to work with the keyboard switched on, but fiendishly, despite letting me get to synths etc, there was nothing I could do to set it up properly.

It was once I saw a screen shot of another user's setup of a new project, it clicked - I did not get the 44khz bit, and neither the setup for number of tracks to configure for the project.

That's all - it's not in the manual you see, so as an absolutely new user, from about page 1 where it smoothly just states 'record enable the tracks' I was doomed.

I dabble is all, and this is not the first time the keyboard has confounded normal operation of software on the iPad, which is why it finally occurred to me after setting up four new projects, messing with different settings etc, to switch off the keyboard and try once again.

The primary benefit of course, of a keyboard is it releases valuable screen real-estate on the iPad, no overlay, and props up the iPad nicely for writing, but it is not an issue on a DAW usually, so I guess if that was your main use, you wouldn't use one.

All the best, it's looking pretty good now I can record enable a track!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: BLUETOOTH KEYBOARDS - bug that's not a bug?!

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:37 pm

That is very odd indeed. I don't have a keyboard, but I think now I'll need to get one to experiment.

Rim