Apogee One, iPad 2, iOS 9.2

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Stackfam

Apogee One, iPad 2, iOS 9.2

Post by Stackfam » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:36 pm

I doubt this matters to many users, but I ran into a problem using the above configuration. Noise issues made the brand-new Apogee One unusable. I changed out cables (Mogami), changed power supply to a different outlet on a different circuit, changed microphones - nothing worked. Device DID work with my Mac Mini. Consulted with support at Sweetwater. They suggested trying an iOS device not running iOS 9.2. Used my wife's iPhone; she is still on 9.1. No noise. Rolled back my iPad to iOS 9.1 - no noise and back in business! :D

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Apogee One, iPad 2, iOS 9.2

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:25 pm

We've had other reports about this. I believe Apogee is working on a firmware fix for this problem. Have you contacted them about it?

Rim

Stackfam

Post by Stackfam » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:59 pm

I sent an email 2 days ago, but haven't heard back. I don't have the record of it since it was through their website. However, I can't say enough good things about Sweetwater! Follow-up assistance from sales rep and calm, patient, knowledgeable rep providing support. My rep led me to the one variable I hadn't changed.
Stan

DavePDX
Expert

Post by DavePDX » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:58 pm

Same issue here... I did report it to Apogee, but no reply yet. It's not just Auria, it affects recording in every iOS app.

DavePDX
Expert

Post by DavePDX » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:09 pm

I got this resolved by updating the firmware with my Mac. The iOS updater went through the motions, but apparently didn't actually update the firmware, even though it reported that I had the new version, which btw, is not really 'new', having been released back in Feb 2015.

It's very disappointing though, that I STILL have received no reply at all from Apogee tech support on the issue. The interface sounds good, but the lack of QC and customer support makes me regret doing business with this company. The first unit I received literally went up in smoke the first time I used it. I won't be buying from them again.

jussishow
Expert

Post by jussishow » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:25 pm

Same problem here :-(

IConnectivity iConnectAUDIO4+ works fine, but Apogee One "snaps, crackles and pops" ...

Updating (or "re-updating") the FW with my Mac didn't help ...

Opened a ticket @ Apogee support!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:48 pm

9.2 has broken several interfaces in our testing. Hopefully Apple will get to the bottom of this.

Rim

Dwayne
Expert

Post by Dwayne » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:36 am

Does anyone know whether this iOS 9.2 bug affects the Apogee Duet as well as the One?

Steve Schiavi

Post by Steve Schiavi » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:33 pm

glad I read this. My iPad keeps bugging me to update to 9.2. No way I'll do that until I see these issues are resolved. Thanks guys.

bencho

Post by bencho » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:58 pm

Dwayne wrote:Does anyone know whether this iOS 9.2 bug affects the Apogee Duet as well as the One?
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've been contemplating Auria Pro for some time. Just trying to build my setup. So, i have the same question: are there any problems with Apogee Duet 2 & Auria Pro ? My other option for interface would be iRig pro...
Thanks

pangea2003

Post by pangea2003 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:41 pm

Same problem here with apogee one on ipad with ios 9.2.
it happens with all my apps not only auria.
i have tried to reinstall firmware on my apogee one but didn't rectify the problem.
I contacted apogee and spoken with technical support online via their chat service.
They said this is a current problem with iOS 9.2 and not with the apogee interface.
Let's see if it doesn't take them a year to resolve it..
Nevertheless, it seems to be a problem with the sampling rate selection when recording
It's not possible to change sampling rate with apogee maestro 1.9 on the ipad
Apogee says the ipad will change the sampling rate automatically depending on what App you are using
But it seems that my apogee one keeps recording at 96KHz and it doesn't switch to 44.a KHz, which is the standard sampling rate chosen for most of the ipad apps.
In summary, when I record on auria at 96Khz i don't get the pops and clicks
I have tried to change the sampling rate on my apogee one by using apogee maestro on my macbook pro but as soon as I connect it back to the ipad it jumps to 96KHz... it's so annoying.
Apple, sort it out!
(you have just released the big daddy -ipad pro- and this is unacceptable!)