Selecting notes in piano roll view

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

earear

Selecting notes in piano roll view

Post by earear » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:49 pm

Auria Pro on iPad Pro with most recent iOS
Hello,
If I select and highlight a large group of notes to move together, I can't move them until the notes are zoomed in to a quite large size. This means that most of the selected notes are off-screen. I want to be able to see the entire selection while I'm positioning it. I should be able to move a group of selected notes no matter how far I'm zoomed out.
I don't recall this being a problem in other DAW apps that I have used. BeatMaker 2 has a great solution for this, for example.
Thanks for any response you may have.
Last edited by earear on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Selecting notes in piano roll view

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:58 pm

I suggest using draw mode. It lets you do things like move, delete and add notes very easily without needing to zoom out or to tap and hold.

Just tap on the pencil icon in the piano roll to enter draw mode. Then just move the notes where you want them. Be careful not to tap on notes and let go, as this is how you delete them.

The only limitation to draw mode is that it doesn't yet support multi selections, but this will be added in a future release.

Rim

earear

Re: Selecting notes in piano roll view

Post by earear » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:06 pm

That was fast! I'll try that. Thanks.