Multiroute not playing

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

drock
Expert

Multiroute not playing

Post by drock » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:38 pm

Hey Rim, here's the gear I'm working with now: iPad pro, iOS 9.1, Auria Pro 2.0 and a RME Fireface UFX. My projects are in 96k and so when I switch to multitoute, they just won't play. I tap the play button but nothing occurs. Even if I unplug from the UFX, they still don't play. It's only when I have the core audio mode set to standard is when it plays fine, like normal. Dunno why. My iPad 4 played fine via multitoute even through the UFX or out loud.
I've restarted Auria Pro (since you have to to get it to switch core audio modes) multiple times as well as the iPad. At a loss here, thanks for any help on this.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Multiroute not playing

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:42 am

Thanks, I've added this to my list to investigate. It's likely that something changed in an iOS version related to multiroute mode that I need to look into.

Rim

mididrum
Expert

Re: Multiroute not playingn

Post by mididrum » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:08 pm

Since a few days OS 9.2 and 8th december Auria update...at last multiroute NOW works as usual, as External'IAA,Audiobus, everything fine, multitask, and no more overloads or boring bugs...Hip Hip Hurrah for AURIA+ iPAD PRO.( no more i MAD!)

Now lets speak about MIDI...NICE, multichannels, some real time live correction of dynamics playing LYRA sampler with its
WONDERFUL samples, specially the new TDM DRUM BANKS :
one trick :
Having different Kits using each several tracks same channel allows balancing some room effect...playing idrumpads LIVE
then editing: change channels and EDIT-erase the window of unsuitable notes/ instruments OR transpose track to layer the only notes you need ( unerased) . anyway duplicating ONE original track later LET you get the same tricky layers sounds

Complaint :
LYRA overloads iPad processor from aftertouch and ????: NEEDING some PRE-MIDI FILTER live ...to save later edit hassle
idem LYRA is missing function to learn (or REJECT) MIDI Controllers on any...what Most IAA now CAN do.....
IDEM a REAL TIME NOTES window (IF ADDED) allows for LIVE split multi instruments, Processor CAN : powerful enough NOW
Waiting for this WHISH LIST pityfully missing...Players should split/filter (!) using the IAA App "Midiflow" the ONLY ONE Efficient-Easy-no-money-crap '...

About time stretch...while understanding perfectly use and meaning...importing auriastore loops or my live recordings....
i am NOT successful...Might be ME ( hope so!) , so 'many wonders to practice...one by one lets see it ... tomorrow!?!?
Now the 6 multisends are amazing: since real nice dynamics/filter effects MUST be added in parallel ( and usefully can use their pan to simulate EASY transparent mixed sounds and stereo like fake Real instruments...)

The NICE multiroute let use Auria sequencer midi to trigger external IAA that don't need to overload tracks to play..then .if using an USB multitracks/channels ( only Behringer Rack AIR 18 is suitable, or for adat users Presonus VSL 18 but ONLY if UPDATED new firmware...BUT that....needs PC plus Vsl remote inputs app to...download install it !!)
THEN...'.
it's easy to record back into Auria both IAA remixed ( BOTH EASY processed by Behringer -only!-saving Auria overload)
Both racks are Midi friendly...BUT Behringer is together technically and financially the MOST User friendly...standalone immediately and....auto- wifi
Another trick :
Any PC used TOGETHER with iPAD as well only a single iPad (PRO !!) : both can record from USB AND TOGETHER REMOTE wifi : controling Behringer rack : BOTH using a single screen (better on TV) using Touch iPad or bluetooth PC MOUSE..
both are Heaven....
thanks for Next (!)live filter and realtime tracks Midi Notes windows;turning AURIA perfect STAR: 6th needed in AppStore !!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:13 pm

The fix for Lyra aftertouch is coming in the next update (2.02).

Rim

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:05 pm

Thanks so much, Rim, since this currently stops the album recording process for me. I appreciate the help and look forward to getting this ironed out!

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:17 am

Hey Rim, so I updated the iPad Pro to iOS 9.2 and multiroute seems to work now. Dunno what changed on Apples end but I'm not complaining! Thanks though for the concern and response. So glad this is up and running now. Keep up the great work.

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:19 pm

Update: Ok, so maybe I spoke too soon and the issue isn't cleared up, it just changed a little bit. So regarding the different core audio modes in iOS 9.2, here's what I found when playing the projects out loud (unplugging the iPad Pro and using just the built in speakers) vs through my RME UFX.

Legacy: does not play out loud nor through UFX
Standard: does not play out loud nor through UFX
Multiroute: DOES play out loud now but not through UFX

By the way, multiroute works fine on my iPad 4 through the UFX running iOS 6.1.3 and Auria 1.155
And again,these are very large projects at 96K

It seems like the problem with Auria Pro and the iPad Pro is when I have it set to multiroute, it doesn't recognize multiple output channels via the output matrix. Only master 1 & 2, yet I need to choose either outputs 9 & 10 or 11 & 12 with the UFX (depending on which headphone port I'm connecting to). On the iPad 4, it lists all 24 available output channels when set to multiroute.

Thanks for all the help, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:03 am

Thanks. It seems all these issues started with iOS 9.2. I'm trying to get to the bottom of it all. It affects all iOS apps, not just Auria, so it's apparently an iOS issue. As soon as I have more detail, I'll be submitting a series of bug reports to Apple.

Rim

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:40 am

Update: So, after the iOS update to 9.3, it seems that multiroute does seem to be working now in large 96K projects via my RME UFX lightpiped to a Focusrite Octopre. The iPad Pro now recognizes all 16 channels available in the input matrix. I haven't fully tracked anything yet but simply put a dynamic mic into each input to make sure I had signal and monitored the response in the input matrix. So far, so good!
Haven't checked the other core audio modes 'Legacy' or 'Standard' but at least multiroute is working now.
Thanks, Rim and Apple, I guess, for addressing this issue. Now I have to make up for lost time!