PSP Channel Strip / CPU Usage / Sound Problem / Automation

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jtstephe

PSP Channel Strip / CPU Usage / Sound Problem / Automation

Post by jtstephe » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:14 pm

Since upgrading to Auria Pro, I have noticed the below. I upgraded to Aurio Pro from Auria via Interapp Upgrade, have my buffer set to 4096, and am running on iPad Air 2.

1. CPU Overload / Sound Distortion - In 2.00, CPU Overload would occur during playback when opening the PSP Channel Strip and would immediately give CPU Overload warning when starting playback with PSP Channel Strip open. Now in 2.01, the CPU Overload does not occur, but the music will become garbled during play back as soon as the PSP Channel Strip or a Plug In are opened and playback will go back to normal without the garbling immediately after closing PSP Channel Strip or Plug In. Admittedly, this is occurring on Projects that had fairly high CPU Usage in the older version of Auria, however they did not have issues with CPU Overload and my understanding is that that Auria Pro is more CPU efficient. It makes me wonder if there isn't something that has changed.

2. Automation - When I move the playhead back on the composition screen, automation does not trace the line back. For example if I have an item automated to go from 0 to 10 then listen to it and move the playhead back to where it should be at 0, the track will play at 10 even though the line is at 0 until it hits a control point and snaps back to 0. Sometimes adding a new control point will resolve this problem. This is does not happen all the time on every track, but it has happened enough and I've looked at closely enough to know it is not just me being spacey.

Unrelated to the above, I have one track that I made Automation changes to in 2.00 and now cannot close back to Audio. When I touch the dropdown box for automation Auria will crash immediately every time. This does not appear to be an issue in 2.01 on other tracks, however Auria still crashes on this one particular track when I attempt to close back to Audio.

Thank you for all of your work!

jtstephe

Re: PSP Channel Strip / CPU Usage / Sound Problem / Automati

Post by jtstephe » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:16 pm

Rim,

Thank you for your help with these items. I thought I would follow up now that 2.02 has been out for a bit.

2. Automation - This still seems to be an issue in Auria Pro 2.02. If I go backwards with the playhead, automation will stay at the same level as the original (ie not adjust to the blue line) until it hits a control point.

3. Automation Issue #2 - As I mentioned in the OP, I have a track that became stuck in Automation mode on the Composition Screen and would crash when I selected the dropdown box to go back to Audio. This is still a problem and I have now had this occur two more times (Twice with Pro-Q and once with Timeless2).I was able to use Snapshot to get out of Automation mode, however I lose the automation work and any attempt to do additional automation results in being stuck in automation for that particular item. Automation via the Write function still works, but there is no way to fine tune it.

Thank you for all of your help!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: PSP Channel Strip / CPU Usage / Sound Problem / Automati

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:47 pm

I have both of these issues on my list to investigate. My guess is they will be looked at by v2.04 or 2.05. I have a large list of critical fixes to get to before working on automation, but I will definitely get to these.

RIm