Usage bug

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Sprouticus85

Usage bug

Post by Sprouticus85 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:26 am

I have iPad 2 with 32 GB WIFI ONLY. I recently purchased the full program of Auria and my problem is that every time I try to record a song after about 3-5 sec. It stops. Window pops up and says overload and need to increase buffer or stop running some plug ins. I have checked my cup storage and on my device it says I have 5gb of 22. Something used, on the app Auria says I have 82%storage used? Not sure if I am reading this correctly but I have updated my iPad to the iOS 8.4 and still same problem. I also have deleted many apps and nothing has changed. I am a acuistic performer with no electric needed and not sure what I need to do to make this program run properly?

Any help is much appreciated thanks!

Corey W
Expert

Re: Usage bug

Post by Corey W » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:28 pm

Hi Sprouticus85,
Just to start fresh with troubleshooting any possible issues going on, before starting Auria, double click the home button and swipe up on all of the active apps to close them. Then hold down the home and power button until the iPad screen turns off. Now hit the power button again to restart the iPad.
Go ahead and try recording again. Do you still get the same results?

What kind of interface are you using with your iPad?

What are you recording, how many simultaneous tracks?

-Corey

Auratech
Expert

Post by Auratech » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:50 am

First in Auria settings:
- Make big record latency (ram buffer) - 2048-4096
- Do not use FX during recording or only(built in) the most necessary, (most of all in case of multitrack recording)
(I think simultanous multitrack recording with fx are bit too much for iPad2 cpu)
General - (for rec): audiobus off, app background audio mode: off,
Mixer - Aux delay compensation : off, auto crossfade : off,
Record: latency: 2048-4096,
- Disable Effect While Recording:Yes
Save rec optimalized snapshot(all settings saved except audio files) and edit optimalized snapshot or/and make rec optimalized project template. The settings are saved in project too.

I think you must make some optimalization IOS side too:
no other app in background,
Before Auria's start run (free app)Battery Doctor Memory Boost and after start Auria inmediatelly
Use airplane mode to switch off comm. hw.
My rover Studio: iPad Air2-64Gb, Auria, Zoom H6, 2xRode Nt1, 2x Rode Nt55,
DT-770PRO, XMS-disc-(Jecklin), Ruinvo-panasonic USB Power pack,
Home: Rebuilt BEAG Hec45 Active Studio Monitors, i7-PC-Samplitude, IK-Multimedia ARC-2

Sprouticus85

Post by Sprouticus85 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:12 pm

I figured it out! Its my wifi needed to be turned off. since then I have recorded 82 minutes non stop of band rehearsal! plus another 60 minutes and finally recorded an entire song with effects I am starting to make my way around the software fairly well! love the app but I recently ran into a prob, where I tried to record a new song and it glitched again and stopped. I have just been restarting it to get passed it and doing ok but it never runs smooth 100% of the time. also you asked what interface I am using a itrack solo and also using a tube mic amp to get a good signal for my blue spark because it is horrible with itrack solo alone. anyway that's all I have for now! I am trying to find a way to trade my ipad for a better one hoping to get better results but not sure if its worth it?