Final touch

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

charlie49
Expert

Final touch

Post by charlie49 » Sat May 02, 2015 7:50 am

Hi everyone

Recently got an iPad Air for more memory, very good but I have just been trying to use final touch, which works fine for a minute or two after I have mixed a particular track but then just disappears out of the channel strip and the processing obviously disappears with it. Any ideas or is it a bug, has anyone else had this?

Thanks

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Final touch

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat May 02, 2015 1:15 pm

@charlie49'
I checked your priblem out and this may be what you are experiencing. There seems to be 2 mastering apps listed in the IAA plugin list in Auria. There is no listing that says Final Touch or at least not in all the latest versions or iOS. So I have iOS 8.3 and the latest versions of Auria and Final Touch. Now here is the problem. First it is the Mastering app that loads Final Touch but one of them is corrupt and the other one works fine. So check your list and see if you have 2 Mastering apps listed. The one that worked for me was at the bottom of the list. I was able to use all of Final touches plugins and was able to mixdown the track with the Final Touch FX included. I will contact PositiveGrid to inform them.
Hope this helps. Cheers.~~_/)~~~*

Edit: I just tested Final Touch with 6 other daws and the all displayed only one Mastering app and they all worked with Final Touch. Not sure why this is occurring in Auria only.

charlie49
Expert

Post by charlie49 » Sat May 02, 2015 2:09 pm

Thanks Anthony
I did notice the two instances of final touch, so I deleted the app and reinstalled it. The first time I did it I think there was only one master as it seems to be labelled as but the same thing happened. I deleted it and reinstalled again and it again let me start to process the tracks but it still wiped out the insert from the channel strip. I will persevere for a bit and see if it resolves itself. I have the latest updates for both, so it should work.

Thanks again, if there is no joy, I will wait for a fab filter sale and buy a few of them!

Aeron
Expert

Post by Aeron » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:10 pm

Resurrecting an old thread here as the same thing is happening to me on my new ipad air 2.

Charlie49 did you manage to sort out what the problem was?

mididrum
Expert

Post by mididrum » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:39 am

most of the time TWO apps cannot fit and feed a SINGLE IAA app slot : one MUST disappear, disconnected
While this dismissed IAA APP may stay on screen in the Background: NEEDING to DELET it (if hidden!)from SCREEN (only!!)
Several IAA can play outside Auria but...i Pad Processor will dismiss and might REFUSE to insert any new load into Auria.
Never forget AFTER use of IAA inserts -dismissed- to CHECK if they are REALLY erased from iPad background screen ...
Peter Jade