Glitchy Performance Requiring Mutiple Restarts

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Sprouticus85

Re: Glitchy Performance Requiring Mutiple Restarts

Post by Sprouticus85 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:45 am

I have Similar problem with my software as well. I am running on ipad 2 32gb. Last night I tried to record a song and first one went well, but when I tried to record the second track and add the vocals it would not register the input so there was no signal basically. Not sure what this is? any tips?

Also forgot to add I am a bluegrass musician and everything is acoustic soo..... not sure where that leaves me lol!

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Sprouticus,
Try doing a hard restart of your iPad (hold the home and power button together until the screen turns off).
Also make sure in your iPad Settings> Auria, make sure the microphone is turned on.

-Corey

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:27 pm

Sprouticus85 wrote:I have Similar problem with my software as well. I am running on ipad 2 32gb. Last night I tried to record a song and first one went well, but when I tried to record the second track and add the vocals it would not register the input so there was no signal basically. Not sure what this is? any tips?

Also forgot to add I am a bluegrass musician and everything is acoustic soo..... not sure where that leaves me lol!
Have you checked the input matrix to see if your interface is routed onto track(s) you have armed?
best jp

indratgj
Expert

Post by indratgj » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:33 pm

I thought removing the dock extender cable from the chain had fixed/improved things, but this turns out not to be the case. In an eight-hour session yesterday, the problem kept recurring: after frequent and rapid moves of the cursor or locator points on the screen, the program would start a stuttering repeat of a fragment of the music, or sometimes just exhibit a delay and echo effect on whatever mic happened to be open.

In most cases, closing and restarting Auria fixed the problem, though I sometimes had to do this more than once to resume work. On occasion, I would lose the input matrix settings during the re-start process and would have to re-set these.

I tried a complete re-boot of the iPad a couple of times to clear memory, but this made no difference in the performance.

I'm beginning to wonder if the powered USB hub could be at fault, or the camera connection kit. I understand that these devices get audio in and out of the iPad over USB, but can't really see how this would cause glitches within Auria itself, when I'm doing cursor or locator moves to prepare for/review punch-ins. I'm baffled.

What about deleting and re-loading Auria itself. I assume I will lose all my data, so I will need to back-up all of my sessions to hard drive, correct? Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro