Record "arm" button goes away

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

buzzardwhiskey

Record "arm" button goes away

Post by buzzardwhiskey » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:57 am

This may be a feature, or I may not know what I'm doing (the latter seems probable).

Last night was the first time I'd recorded multiple tracks. I recorded two just fine and then somehow the little button on the waveform channel that "arms" that channel to record went away.

I discovered that the button also exists in the mixer window so I used that one to add a third track.

Did I do something wrong? Is there a way to get that button back once it goes away? Or is this a bug?

Thanks!

Washboy
Expert

Re: Record "arm" button goes away

Post by Washboy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:30 am

It may just be that, as you added more tracks, the height of each track in the edit window got narrower (to fit al the tracks onscreen simultaneously) and the 'Rec" buttons disappeared from view. If you 'un-pinch' to zoom the view vertically, they'll reappear :)

buzzardwhiskey

Post by buzzardwhiskey » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:44 am

Thanks, Washboy. I was thinking that same thing, but try as I might I couldn't "unpinch" it. And even after having deleted tracks the button stayed invisible. Again, probably some sort of user error. I'll play around some more.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:54 am

My experience is that the 'Rec" buttons will disappear on adding a 4th track. As for unpinching; put any two fingers on the the regions/waveform area of the screen but make sure they're one above the other, rather than diagonal (if you see what I mean), then move them apart vertically. A momentary pause between placing fingers and moving them helps.

Good luck :)

buzzardwhiskey

Post by buzzardwhiskey » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:00 am

Excellent. I love this forum! :) Thanks!