Audio File Management

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jsol
Expert

Audio File Management

Post by jsol » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:07 pm

Hi Rim,

Quick question. I imported wav files from Dropbox into a project. Should those WAv files remain in dropbox when working on a project? Or once the WAv files are imported from dropbox into auriA project I can delete the files from drop box to make space in dropbox. I did that exactly and auria crashed when working on the project after an hour. Luckily I had a snap shot I think auto snap or once crated the time of crash. But the original file name title was mising in the project but not the folder as well as the WAv files or tracks of the project. Does deleting the original source of WAv files mmediatly from Dropbox before working in auria affect this or is it a glitch? The only savior was the snap shot other wise the original project did not have WAv track files which could have lead to a lost project of 2 hours worth of work.

Thanks,JSol.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Audio File Management

Post by Rim » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:06 pm

You can safely delete the files from DropBox once you import them into Auria. Auria only uses the local copy.

If you're having any kind of crashing when using Auria, please let me know how it happened, so I can investigate and fix if there's a bug involved.

Thanks,
Rim

jsol
Expert

Post by jsol » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:22 pm

Great Thanks!

I did a back up with new title not the original title becuase there was some kind of cocoa error. It's backed up as new with the correct number track files from the original file menu not 0 tracks.

JSol.

Jo Torkel
Expert

Post by Jo Torkel » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi Rim,
I think a had a simular crash just an our ago. I tried to open Auria and the project wouldent load. I think the pop up message said something about low memory. I tried again a couple of times and finaly the project opened but... the audio was gone.

I tried to boot the Ipad and open again, got a low memory message sugesting that I closed all other apps, but there were not other apps running.

It finaly opened, but still no audio. 13 tracks with drums, bass and a synth, gone. The set up with track names ect. was as the original but it was emty.

I found a recent snapshot and the audio was there, so everything worked out fine. It still made me kind of nervous. I have never "lost" recorded tracks in Auria before or had simular crashes. I updated to Ios 8.1 two days ago

thinds
Expert

Post by thinds » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:52 am

I have only ever had the low memory problem once before, and that would have been on 7.1.2. The project showed no signs of stress when I was working on it, only after coming back and reloading the following day. It was only a 5 track thing but annoying to lose all the same. Since that time I always load a blank project before closing Auria. This protects any work in progress.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:33 am

Thanks guys, I just added some code that adds much better protection against corrupted projects. It'll appear in the next update.

Rim