Auria crashes when using internal effects

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Kevinrobins

Auria crashes when using internal effects

Post by Kevinrobins » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:30 pm

Hi,

I am new to this stuff, but hope that someone can help. I have a new 4th gen Ipad (128 gb). When using internal effects on the auria (e.g. Comp and reverb,eq) it locks up and I have to switch it off and leave it for a while. There is usually no error message when this happens, but on the odd occasion it refers to other apps (e.g. Thumb jam) although they are switched off. Has anyone experienced that or has anyone any suggestions on what I can do?

Kevin

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria crashes when using internal effects

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:35 pm

That's not normal. Can you describe in more detail what you mean by "locks up". Are you unable to press any buttons or switch back and forth between the editor and mixer, or does the audio stop playing?

Rim

Kevinrobins

Post by Kevinrobins » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi,

Thanks for getting back. The sound levels bar are stuck in position - ie the lights are frozen . When I try to press play,play does not react, when I try to record , the button will not activate, the screen stays frozen. Sometimes I am able to fast forward and rewind the track but the bars still remain in their stuck position. I am able to move from the editor to the mixer. The key point is that the audio stops playing thoughout
Cheers kevin

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:44 pm

OK, it sounds to me like there's some conflict with another app running in the background, or an audio interface? Are you using an external interface when this happens? Try closing all your other apps as well.

Rim

Kevinrobins

Post by Kevinrobins » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi Rim

The audio interface is a focusrite iDock, however the problem of adding internal effects occurs independent from using this unit. I have checked and no other apps are running in the background ( checked by double clicking the home button). The wifi is also turned off. Any ideas why this could happen , am I missing anything?
Cheers kevin

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:22 pm

I can't think of any reason Auria would get "stuck" so it no longer plays. Try creating a new project and adding some effects there. It might be something with your particular project. Note - that Auria will interrupt playback for a small moment when adding effects which have latency. But this is very quick, and you shouldn't notice it freezing for a long period of time.

Rim

Lionshare

Post by Lionshare » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi, I just bought Auria (it's great value for money!) and had exactly the same problem. When switching the EQ on and off while playing audio, Auria suddenly freezes with the peak meters stuck. I removed the app all the way and re-installed it.
Second time: exactly the same problem. I waited a while, used some other apps and restarted Auria. It worked fine again, but I'm not touching this button anymore!
Don't make all the mistakes yourself. Give your collegues a chance as well.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:18 pm

There may be a bug here I'm not aware of. Which EQ button exactly was it? Was it the FX button, or a button inside the channelstrip? Which track? Was looping enabled?

Thanks,
Rim

Lionshare

Post by Lionshare » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:15 pm

This button: (see photo)

I was playing one stereo track only. It's just the toggling that causes Auria to 'hang'. (Please pay no attention that in this picture the fx is on 'bypass'. This is 'just' a picture, not the actual picture when the problem occurred.
Hope this is of any use for you.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:23 pm

Great, I'll see if I can duplicate this here.

Thanks!
Rim

Schimanski
Expert

Post by Schimanski » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:01 pm

Hi!
I suddenly have the same issue with the channestrip- "effects".Haven't used them for quite some time because mostly I use Fabs.
Whenever I select a channelstrip- preset Auria gets stuck,I can move within the timeline etc. ,it just doesn't play anymore.
I think I found a workaround,at least it works for me (tried this a couple of times):
At first turn OFF the "Bypass"-Button before you select a preset or touch anything inside the channelstrip.
Hope this helps...

Lionshare

Post by Lionshare » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:25 am

Good suggestion! I'll try it. Have the feeling that this might be a start for a solution.

Lionshare

Post by Lionshare » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:09 pm

Schimanski wrote:At first turn OFF the "Bypass"-Button before you select a preset or touch anything inside the channelstrip.
Hope this helps...
This sure helps! It's exactly what causes Auria to 'hang'. I tried both 'versions' and it is obvious: on 'bypass' it hangs; without it, not.
Thank's a lot.

Lionshare

Post by Lionshare » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Lionshare wrote:Please pay no attention that in this picture the fx is on 'bypass'.
:lol: :oops:

Schimanski
Expert

Post by Schimanski » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:23 pm

@lionshare: haha! That was a good one!!!I only realized that right now..