Auria crashing with SPL Crimson Interface

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Chaosinside777
Expert

Auria crashing with SPL Crimson Interface

Post by Chaosinside777 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:36 am

Using a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20's spdif-input together with an Axe-Fx 2 guitar preamp's spdif out, I experienced a constant click signal together with the guitar signal, when I plugged into my Ipad4 and Auria.

All the time I thought, this would be a Focusrite-Problem - but...the sync-LED on my focusrite 18i20 shows "Sync"
so, this problem is generally ipad- or Auria-related.

To test another spdif-equipped device, I plugged the spdif out of my Axe-FX into my new SPL Crimson interface and connected it to the ipad. I turned on Auria, and it crashed - several times.

So, my conclusion so far is, that it MUST be ipad or Auria related and has nothing to do with the Focusrite interface.

Andy ideas?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria crashing with SPL Crimson Interface

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:18 am

It's probably best to post your question about spdif on the audio interface sub forum, as others have experienced the same thing and I believe it's something that's solved by using the Focusrite control software. As for crashing, that sounds unrelated to me, and I'd like to get more details. Does this happen only in a specific project? Is it repeatable?

Rim

Chaosinside777
Expert

Post by Chaosinside777 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:07 am

The Focusrite Control Software works flawlessly - but only with PC . If I would Need my Laptop to Control the sync (which is Not possible at the same time, when the Focusrite is plugged into the iPad)....my iPad with Auria would become obsolete. So it seems that I have to go back to Studio One 2 for live purposes, and Auria remains as a nice gimmick with no usability for me in the dusty basement of my iPad.... :mrgreen:

If I have the time, I re-check the Problem with the SPL Crimson next time. I use it as Main Interface/Monitor Controller in my PC-based homestudio, so the compatibility-Test was just for curiosity.

Maybe I should ask Users in the Steinberg/cubasis Forum. If they have the same sync problems, It's up to the Hardware. Or iOS . Or Focusrite. Or the Code. Or Something Else like Fastfood, the Second World war or Yoko Ono (who still is in charge for almost everything Bad...) :D

Chaosinside777
Expert

Post by Chaosinside777 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:39 pm

Short Info: the Focusrite spdif sync Problem is a Bug in their Firmware. It was officially confirmed by Focusrite via Email.

....just to Let you all know: Auria is innocent. So, if using the Scarlett 18i20, the 8 analogue Ins and Outs work flawlessly with Auria, but the spdif Problem should be fixed with the next Firmware...