IAA plugin malfunctions

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

IAA plugin malfunctions

Post by mtingle » Mon May 26, 2014 12:22 pm

Not sure if this is related to recent updates, iOS or individual plugin developers but almost every time a load a song that is using an IAA effect the plugin crashes and is taken out of the song.

It used to be more robust that this, but currently I cautious about using IAA in any song as I'll loose all the settings each time. Not what you want if your a developer or a user.

So far I've used Stereo Designer, Crystalline (plus others that I forget). they all seem to crash Auria on loading.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: IAA plugin malfunctions

Post by Rim » Mon May 26, 2014 2:28 pm

Many IAA apps don't like Auria's large buffer size. Make sure to put Auria into Audiobus mode (it's a switch in Auria's settings), then restart Auria and all other apps and try it again. This is a common cause of IAA crashes.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon May 26, 2014 3:24 pm

ok I'll give it a go and report back..

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:44 pm

I'm having crash issues with IAA also since the latest update also. I didn't have issues before but Auria crashes a lot more frequently when I'm using IAA plugs ins. I actually had to delete and reinstall 2 times because the projects that crash would try to open up again and crash Auria on start up. So my questions are, is there a way to have Auria open and not try to load the last song that was open when it crashed? Second , in regards to the answer you just gave, so if I'm using IAA we should have Auria in audiobus mode? Even if we aren't using Audiobus?
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:04 pm

I've discovered a bug in the latest update which I've just fixed. It can cause IAAs to crash in certain cases. The fix will appear in the next update.

It's usually a good idea to enable Audiobus mode (even if you're not using Audiobus) when loading IAAs. The reason is because many apps aren't designed to work with a buffer as large as the one Auria uses (4096). Using Audiobus mode makes Auria use a smaller buffer that's more compatible with other apps.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:40 am

I agree with Strizbiz that Auria should ask if you want to load the last project or start a new one. That way Auria is not trying to load a corrupted project each time it starts up. This way if the user already is aware that the project crashes, they can just tap NO for loading the last project and Auria will go to the START PROJECT SCREEN. then the user can import their audio files and re-compose the project manually. Cheers. ~~_/)~~~*

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:55 am

Auria already has an option like this. If a project fails to load for any reason, Auria asks if you want to try loading it again (which is useful if the last time the project couldn't load because of low memory and you've since cleared that up), or if you want to load a snapshot of the project you're trying to load. If you would rather load a different project, just choose the Load Snapshot option, then press the Cancel button when the list of snapshots comes up. This will bring you to an empty project.

Rim

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:18 pm

Cool, glad to see an update has been submitted. Also yes, I've seen the screen that ask if you want to try loading the project again but in the instances I mentions I didn't get that message, I probably could have deleted the project thru iTunes sharing but I was awY from my computer so I could only delete Auria and reinstall. It's been smooth sailing for me as far as crashes go up until the last update, anyway looking forward to the next update.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac