FaderPort No Longer recognizes volume states

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: FaderPort No Longer recognizes volume states

Post by Rim » Tue May 06, 2014 9:08 am

I can't get into too many specifics (under Mackie NDA), but a real Mackie controller does have channel select buttons (these allow you to change which 8 channels you're looking at, for example you might want to look at 2-9).

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue May 06, 2014 2:25 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: OMG I have the most beautiful puppy named Benjamin. He is the son of my other little beautiful dog Buddy. Now apparently Benjamin doesn't like Being alone. On the day Auria updated Benjamin was left to his own unattended self and he got into my studio and yes you guessed it he chewed the power cord to my FaderPort. I had inspected the cord prior to writing my post in grief but apparently not good enough. Luckily Ben only chewed a few inches so I was able to re-attach the power cord and it's all working now. Sorry for all the fuss and thanks for all the help Rim and Washboy. I really love my FaderPort but I love Ben more so he's off the hook but he is banned from the studio indefinitely.
Cheers guys. ~~_/)~~~*

jg707
Expert

Post by jg707 » Tue May 06, 2014 2:29 pm

:lol: That reminds me of the time I spent an hour trying to track down what I thought was a programming issue, with the client in the room no less, and it turned out to be a lose MIDI cable....Akkk!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue May 06, 2014 3:03 pm

Funny! I'm glad you figured it out.

Rim

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Tue May 06, 2014 5:19 pm

Yay! Glad you're happy with your FP again, Anthony. Pleased to have been of some small assistance :D

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Tue May 06, 2014 7:08 pm

Rim wrote:I can't get into too many specifics (under Mackie NDA), but a real Mackie controller does have channel select buttons (these allow you to change which 8 channels you're looking at, for example you might want to look at 2-9)
No need to compromise NDAs, Rim :) I was only musing on what the FP sends to Auria when a Channel Select button is pressed (in layman's terms only, so to speak) because I'd noticed that Auria's following of the 'active' channel exhibits different behaviour depending on the direction of movement (i.e. leftward or rightward).

But I've unintentionally hijacked this thread and talk of compatibility with FaderPort, NanoKontrol and other allegedly HUI-mode controllers can wait until you've finished the much anticipated MIDI IAP. I don't want to be blamed for taking your eye of that particular ball, Rim :lol:

vortex
Expert

Post by vortex » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:26 pm

About to order my faderport next week, I can't wait to use this with Auria.