Recording Audiobus "mutli-out" apps

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

SuperNiCd

Recording Audiobus "mutli-out" apps

Post by SuperNiCd » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:49 am

Hi there,

When using Audiobus to route an app that has multi-out capability (there aren't too many of these) to different tracks in Auria, Auria does not seem to record the expected results.

For example, set up 2 FX chains in Audiobus, with Auria being in both output slots. Add Loopy HD to the input of each, selecting "Input 1" and "Input 2" as the input channels in Audiobus. Set up a short loop on each of the corresponding circles in Loopy.

When you monitor in Auria, the input meters seem to reflect the individual tracks. However, if you record, the output recorded is a mixdown on both tracks instead of the individual channels.

I tried this experiment in a different iOS DAW, and got the expected result - the DAW recorded each source app output specified on its own track rather than a mixdown. I have also tried the experiment with more than one multi-out source app in Auria, and got unexpected results. So I think what I'm encountering may be a bug in Auria, rather than Audiobus or the source apps.

Thoughts?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Recording Audiobus "mutli-out" apps

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:07 pm

I believe you're right, as this has been reported before. It's on my list to investigate. Would you mind sending me an Audiobus preset which has the proper routing? You can send it via email to: rim at drumagog dot com

Thanks,
Rim

SuperNiCd

Re: Recording Audiobus "mutli-out" apps

Post by SuperNiCd » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:16 pm

Certainly - the preset has been sent.