Recent update causes Auria to crash

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rhemy1

Recent update causes Auria to crash

Post by rhemy1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:00 pm

Hello everyone,

I recently installed the update for auria and now everytime I try to load effects from turnado the app crashes. I'm using an iPad Air, installed auria Le, and purchased the upgrade to the full auria. I have tried deleting the entire app and reinstalling it; however the issue remains the same.

Any ideas on how to fix the issue?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Recent update causes Auria to crash

Post by Rim » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Turnado was updated in this version, so it sounds like they might have introduced a bug when they updated it. I'll email the developer and ask them to look into it.

Thanks,
Rim

rhemy1

Post by rhemy1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:39 pm

Thanks. I also have only the option to use turnado in mono. Before I had an option that said mono and stereo.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:24 pm

That will happen if you try to use the plugin on a mono track. You'll see two options: Mono and Mono to Stereo. On a stereo track, you'll only see one option - Stereo.

Rim

rhemy1

Post by rhemy1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:09 pm

Now. I can't open my project. It crashes every time I try to open it. It crashes even when I try to load the back up from my Dropbox. I feel really stupid for buying this app for $50. It was between this and cubasis. And after having this for only a week, I have lost two projects, can't use the tornado plugin I bought, and now can't open a project I've worked on for the last two days. Please tell me this is not the usual experience for auria owners.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:45 pm

No that's not normal at all. Did you by chance purchase some IR files, then delete and reinstall Auria without reinstalling those IR files? If the convolution reverb can't find an IR file that your project uses, it'll crash. This is a bug that I've already fixed, and it'll be in the next update.

Rim

jg707
Expert

Post by jg707 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:55 am

I have also noticed that, since the update, Auria crashes with AudioBus more frequently. The other thing that happens is sometimes I lose all audio and have to reboot. I've checked to see if I'm hitting the CPU too hard, but that doesn't seem to be an issue. This is all since the last update.

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:38 pm

I had exactly this behavior (crash on project open). After fixing the IR files on the convolution reverb, all problems went away and it seems 100% again

jg707
Expert

Post by jg707 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:13 pm

I wasn't using Convolution at the time, but do you think this could still be the cause? If so, what did you do to fix the IR's?