FabFilter plugins slow analysis rendering

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Shay
Expert

FabFilter plugins slow analysis rendering

Post by Shay » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Hi Rim,

I upgraded to the latest Auria version 1.141 (upgraded Auria LE).
I opened a project and noticed that ProC and ProQ render the real-time analysis very slow once the project is playing and ok when stopped.
It looks like a slow motion or render every two seconds.
I have IPad3 16GB with IOS7.1

Thanks
Shay

Rim
Site Admin

Re: FabFilter plugins slow analysis rendering

Post by Rim » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:36 pm

Just tested this here, and I don't see a problem. I can see this happening with a large project, or where there's little CPU left. Is this the case in your project? What iPad model are you running? Have you tried adjusting the resolution or the speed of the analyzer?

Rim

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:28 am

I have ipad3.

The project has 13 tracks. It happens only on master. Effects on a regular track work fine.

I have them for a long time and they were smooth before.
After 7.06 upgrade ProC UI was very unresponsive. Changing a knob affected the sound but the knob stayed at the same position. The scrolling chart didn't render (tested on master stripe).
Now chart renders but it is not smooth.

I didn't touch any settings. I don't even know how to change its drawing rate???

Thanks,
Shay

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:41 am

Thanks, I've let Fabfilter know about this. You can change the rate and resolution of the analyzer in the same menu you use to change the type of analyzer you want (pre, post, etc).

Rim

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:07 am

Thanks Rim.

The problem is only with graphics. The audio changes done at once.

The ProQ was at medium speed and resolution.
I tested low resolution with fast speed and it still doesn't work well.
The rendering is slow and when adding/moving points it reflects the change after 2 seconds.

I didn't find setting for ProC, but the knobs show the update position after a second delay.
E.g. If I move the input knob from 0db to OFF, it takes a second to see the knob marker all the way to the left.

When Auria is not playing everything works fine

Thanks,
Shay

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:49 pm

Final Touch exhibits the same behavior via IAA in Auria. The spectrum analyzers slows it all to a crawl. This only happens with Auria. It's been reported to PG, so I'm hoping they are looking into to it from their end (or better yet, make an Auria native version!: ). I haven't experienced it with the FabFilter plugs yet though. It all seems a bit random...The Final Touch spectrums can snap out of it if I set the "internal speaker/mic processing" in Aurias setting to off, have to do that on every launch of the apps though.

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:36 am

Hi ChrisG,

Does it happen on a track or sub?
The plugins show no issue on a regular track.

Thank,
Shay.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:04 am

Final Touch get the slow spectrum analyse on both channel as well as subs. Tried with pro-q on channel, sub and master, having the spectrum analyzer at maximum resolution and didn't get the bug. We do have different iPad models (Air here), and different Aurias (full/LE). And perhaps different setups under Aurias settings. Maybe there's something in all that somewhere that gives the different/buggy behaviors on the FabFilters spectrums.