Auria brand new not working

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Sennheiserhk

Auria brand new not working

Post by Sennheiserhk » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:03 pm

Hi,

6 months ago I bought a iPad2 and auria. Had many issues with it. Support from the forum could not find the issues

I gave it a try again, I just bought a new ipad air 128 gig and a new version of auria.

Still does not work. It is even worst, just crash all the time at opening.

Here is the situation.
I need to load a project in ipad to mix.
It s is a large files 50 gig and audio files are 24/96. There is 34 tracks and they are each almost 2 hour long. (Live show that was recorded in logic x pro)

I first try to import aaf ssession. At end of import system did crash.
I then tried importing audio files one by one. After import, there was no waves in the sessions but the tracks where created.

I filally make a smaller aaf files 40 gigs. I was able to import them, but still the same thing, crash at the end of import. Not able to return to auria after import aaf. I lauch auria, crash many times, and finnally it started and all the files are there.

Only one problem... When i hit play the system will run slowly and no sound will come out. Some burst once in a while.
All the meters show activity, but the system is slow and the meters are showing that the system is almost freezing.

I am only using headphone for now.. As i did not want to invest more in a interface before i see it working properlly, as i was expecting few bugs since my first experience did not go well with with my first ipad. Is it possible that the ipad can't playback at 96?

There is no other app installed on this ipad. It is 5 days new and as been bought just for that.

I have a presentation to do in about 8 hours to my boss who just hired me few month ago based on my previous research on auria. I want to play the recorded show on the ipad to show it could be a solution.

I was hoping that a 128 gig ipad would make it smoother than the previously purshased ipad2. I am honnestly disapointed to the results of my two attemps so far as I was reaaly hoping this could become a nice live recording system. Also i really like the mixing interface, feels more intuitive than many computer software.

I read the forum many times and also send questions to it. Got answers in my first attemps with the ipad2 but never leads to a solution.

I am an experimented recording, mixing, live and mastering engineer and have knowledge about many softwares. So it should not be a beginer's issues. (Still could be possible, i am openned!)

What surprise me the most is that it seems when reading the forums that others people manage to finish one project with auria and i seem to be the only one who had problem since the purshase of the 2 auria dedicated ipads.

I was never able to finish one single project with both machine. Both used dedicated brand new ipad dedicated to auria.
I am the only one who think that this software is not ready to go on the market.? It seems to me that the marketing is stronger than the product. Almost feel like it is a scam. But i trust the company, wave, so i am sure that is should work.

I am sorry if i sound a bit frustrated, i put lots of hope, hours of work in this project of building small, portable good quality recording systems. If we succed it might leads to many purshased of auria and ipad as we will have about 50 to 100 recording project just this years with the system. Mostly live show recording 24/96. I almost bought 2 ipad to try 48 track recording with the linking fearure. (On paper that seemed very interesting) I think i would have been fired right away if i would have done that and getting no result. But the website says it works... Maybe i should have asked more question prior to buy...

I am sure you can honnestly understand how i feel after 2 attemps with 2 ipads in a 6 month interval not getting it to work. But i am honnestly sure we can make it work.

I hope i could get some help here...
Thank you

Sennheiserhk

Re: Auria brand new not working

Post by Sennheiserhk » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:10 pm

If i could get an email message rather that having to come back to the forum, it would be very appreciated. You should have my email in guess in my profil (for support staff)

If anyone else want to share there experiences with me that are non support staff, it will also be appreciated, it will have to be done on this forum rom those people. I am sure i am not the only one in this situation.

Also, to me forum base support is not the best support... It is more discouraging for the purshaser and at the end we surender, it s only a 50 $ app after all. But the ipad bought for it can not be refund. That makes a bigger lost...

Anyway, i would be interested to see if other people share my feelings about the software so far...

I really hope this software can develop and improove and become a new standard. It is a great idea.
Thank

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:12 pm

Email: support@auriaapp.com

That is your most direct route to getting help from the developer. Although the main (possibly only) developer - called Rim - is usually very active on these forums, he is busy with writing an update at the moment. I'm sure, however, that you will get the support you need if you politely ask on the above email address.

Dominic

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:19 pm

if you are not using an interface, 96kHz projects (iOS7) do not work at the moment.

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11954

Personally I highly recommend to use a pro grade interface for 96kHz projects. Without one it doesn't make sense to me.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:02 pm

I'll reply here, so others can benefit as well. If you're trying to import an AAF project with several 2-hour audio files, you may have a problem. Instead, I suggest doing a standard WAV or AIF file import. It's true that iOS7.1 introduced some issues with 96K. You need to have an audio interface plugged in to the iPad in order to open a 96K project, otherwise it'll crash. This has been fixed in an upcoming update which should be approved by Apple in a day or two.

If you're not seeing any audio after an import, this can be caused by a corrupt (or non-supported) audio file. What DAW are you importing this audio from? I suggest trying to export as 24 bit WAV, as this is pretty standard.

Let me know how that works.

Thanks,
Rim

Sennheiserhk

Post by Sennheiserhk » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:44 pm

Thank you all for you reply. You are giving me hope again that it could work. I will go to the Rme distributor today and try to play the files on one of them interface. If it work smoothly we will use auria. I will let you know on the forum.

Regards...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:06 pm

Make sure you try WAV format as well, in case there's something wrong with the AIFs you're trying to import.

Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:32 am

I will +1 for using WAV format, particularly when importing AAF projects. I have found importing crashes to happen far less if the AAF contains WAV audio.

Regards,
Phil

Sennheiserhk

Post by Sennheiserhk » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:26 pm

I always use wav. I was talking about aaf not aif. Anyway here is an update for whom it might interest.

In the first place the ststem crashed at 96k with bo interface. Once i connected the rme intrrface worked all fine.

Here is the interesting part: now even with no interface connected auria will play the 96khz files no problem using the ipad built in audio interface.

For those who are looking for great interface the rme stuff really works. I have tried 3 different rme interface and all work perfect right from the beggining!

Hope it helps!
Chears