missing tracks on transfer

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jimhenry
Expert

missing tracks on transfer

Post by jimhenry » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:09 pm

hi there-

so i'm working on a project that has 10 tracks. i want to back up the data using i tunes. i copy the project folder and all it's contents from ipad to computer but for some reason all the tracks aren't there. all original recorded tracks are there but composite tracks i created to do some editing don't seem to be there. s'up? thanks, jim

ok- i think i get what's happening... recorded information is saved as .wav files. any edits are saved as other types of files. is that correct? so, if i wanted to send an edited track to someone as a .wav file id need to do a mix down of that individual track then send it. i think that's right. any validation would be appreciated...thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: missing tracks on transfer

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:56 pm

Auria is a nondestructive DAW (most DAWs work this way). This means that when you do edits, you're not doing the edit on the actual audio. For example, when you duplicate a region, Auria doesn't make a copy of the same WAV file. All of this information is stored in the project file.

Rim

jimhenry
Expert

Re: missing tracks on transfer

Post by jimhenry » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:16 am

yeah, now i get it. sorry for the rookie question. but thanks for the quick reply...