Non English character name problem.

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

BGR
Expert

Non English character name problem.

Post by BGR » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:14 am

@Rim

I figured out something that is name related.

When you use Non-US English characters, the results are not so stable.

I was working on a 19 track project. Recording. And one of the tracks was named "Barítono". I suddenly started to loose waves and waves information from "Barítono". Strange things like recording in another position of the song but loosing and overdubbing at the same time the last wave recorded on another position. With no UNDO possible.

What did I do after some failed attempts, I changed the tracks name to "Baritone". Avoiding the "í". And everything came back to normal. I had to re-record the track again though.

I hope you got the idea

Still, it gives non US english speaking users something to worry about when setting track and song names. Which should not be, in my point of view.

Many greetings.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Non English character name problem.

Post by Rim » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:34 am

Thanks for letting me know. I fixed similar problems related to non-US characters in the past, but this must be something new. I'll look into this.

Can you please check to make sure you are using the latest Auria version? You can see the version number in the settings page.

Rim

BGR
Expert

Post by BGR » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:29 am

Using Auria app version 1.140 and iOS 7.0.4

I have to say that from 1.130 to 1.140, it was a major improvement for me. Been using 1.140 since it came out.

Thank you for looking into it.

toshiya-k

Post by toshiya-k » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:38 am

Please forgive me for taking passage in this topic.

I found a character corruption in the midi settings page:
Japanese character turns to unreadable on the midi input / output section.
(Assuming it says "Network" in Japanese, and maybe it occurs in some other languages.)

I discovered this when Auria with midi supporting version came to us, but I thoght it's very non-significant thing because Auria has been running very well on my iPad mini 1st gen. (and I can avoid this by changing the language settings on iOS into English).

But now I begin to wonder if it will cause problems, so I report this. (I'm sorry for my slow report.)

Thank you for reading my poor English.
Attachments
image.jpg

Segergren

Post by Segergren » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:34 pm

I just discovered a very critical bug in Auria v 1.440: If you name any track with Swedish characters (å,ä,ö) and then export the project to AAF, all .wav files in these tracks are lost in both the original project and the AAF export. Likely this is the same for all non-english characters.

Is there a way to recover the lost files? This just caused a major problem for me since I completely lost 3 out of 12 tracks in a live concert recording.

The bug is deterministic, you can recreate it every you name a track with Swedish characters and export to AAF. I use an Ipad Air 128GB.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:45 am

Thanks, I'll add this to the list as well. Have you checked in the project folder to see if the wav files are still there (using iFunBox or iTunes)?

Rim