Turnado Dictator automation not working

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jbw
Expert

Turnado Dictator automation not working

Post by jbw » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:33 pm

I tried to write some automation for the Dictator control in Turnado, and it showed up as automation, but upon playback it won't automate. Automation will work for the individual effects, just not the Dictator control.

I tried both live writing, and entering the points individually, neither works.

If I stop playback at a point where automation should have occured, the Dictator control will then adjust to where it should be, but it won't automate movement live.

jbw
Expert

Re: Turnado Dictator automation not working

Post by jbw » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:47 pm

Well that was quick; got it to work. :lol:

I shut down all apps completely, reopened Auria and deleted the interapp audio synth (Nanologue) I used to create the audio from the FX channel strip, then rerecorded some automation and it worked.

I'm new to IAA, was there a conflict between Turnado and Nanologue? Thought I remember reading only one IAA app will work at a time, or something along those lines.

jbw
Expert

Post by jbw » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Forgot to mention, I was using StepPolyArp to control Nanologue, if that makes a difference.

Anyways, went to load Nanologue back into the FX channel strip and the automation still worked, so apparently this was just some little glitch that occured and not a bug.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:33 am

IAA doesn't support automation, I assume you were using the native Auria version of Turnado? If it shows up black in the plug-in list, it's a native Auria plugin. Blue means it's an IAA. It's possible that Sugar Bytes has a bug in Turnado's automation code. Let me know if you're able to make this happen again, and I'll let them know about it.

Thanks,
Rim