Lost snapshots after name change

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

BGR
Expert

Lost snapshots after name change

Post by BGR » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:51 am

I was working on a project when I decided to change the name of the project.

I had already saved at least 6 snapshots of my progress.

After the name change, I noticed that my snapshot presets stopped working for that project. I also noticed that the name on top of the mixer was different from the one in the file explorer -of the same project-.

Any new snapshot created was not valid and I could not restore to old snapshots.

So, I reset the mixer. I reset the WAV fades. I then saved a copy of the project. Loaded a different project. Deleted the original project. Loaded the copy of the project and changed the name to my desired one again.

Now, snapshots are working again. The name on the top of the mixer matches the one in the file explorer. But, I had to start from Zero with original WAV files -which was my original intention in any case-.

Moral of the story: be careful when in the middle of a project you decide to change the name of the project. You might loose your snapshots and need to start the edit or mixing process again.

Greetings.

In hope someone can look into this.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Lost snapshots after name change

Post by Rim » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:01 pm

Thanks for letting me know. I'll get this fixed for the next update.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:15 pm

this happens when you change the name of the project outside of Auria like in ifunbox.

I found that if I change the name of a project within auria by double tapping the top area where the name is shown Auria handles all the snapshot and loading of the project just fine.

certainly sounds like that's what you have here to me.

BGR
Expert

Post by BGR » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:54 am

Sorry to dissapoint, but no. Thanks for the reply though. I don't have iFunbox or something similar. I haven't even sync'd my ipad yet with any of my computers. It happened while working on a project. I just decided to change the name to something similar to other projects of the same production. I hope it was something that happened to me only. But if not, maybe it has to be looked into. Greetings :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:18 am

It's on my list to investigate for sure.

Rim

BGR
Expert

Post by BGR » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:32 am

@Rim

I figured out something that is name related.

When you use Non-US English characters, the results are not so stable.

I was working on a 19 track project. Recording. And one of the tracks was named "Barítono". I suddenly started to loose waves and waves information from "Barítono". Strange things like recording in another position of the song but loosing and overdubbing at the same time the last wave recorded on another position. With no UNDO possible.

What did I do after some failed attempts, I changed the tracks name to "Baritone". Avoiding the "í". And everything came back to normal. I had to re-record the track again though.

I hope you got the idea :)

Still, it gives non US english speaking users something to worry about when setting track and song names. Which should not be, in my point of view.

Many greetings.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:01 pm

Im having snapshot issues too. I saved a snapshot a few days earlier. today I saved a snapshot of where I was on my mix, which was sounding good so far after putting in some hours. anyway I wanted to load in the snapshot I took from a few days ago. Loaded in fine. Now it wont load in the latest mix I did, which is a bummer because it was coming along. It wont load any of the automatic snapshots. For some reason loading snapshots isnt happening.
I see the recent snapshot I saved but it wont load. To make matters worse I did some editing, moving parts around to create a bridge. All thats gone. Its turning out to be a complete disaster. I will definitely avoid that feature in the future for a while. :cry:
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:22 am

What happens when you try to load a snapshot?

Rim