joining audio regions causes the waves to be erased

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sleepingangel

joining audio regions causes the waves to be erased

Post by sleepingangel » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi,
I recently updated to ios7 (never had this issue before doing that)
and I recorded a song in three sections. I have them all lined up the way I want and all I am trying to do is join the regions. I select the mutli select tool and click each of the three waves. I then hit the join button and when then my whole track becomes a line like a body with no pulse....
seems like a bug of some sort.

Thanks
Maria

Rim
Site Admin

Re: joining audio regions causes the waves to be erased

Post by Rim » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:32 pm

Maria,

Would you mind sending me this project? This would help me figure out if there's a bug causing this to happen. You can send me the project via dropbox to: rim at drumagog dot com

Thanks,
Rim

sleepingangel

Post by sleepingangel » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:03 pm

damn I just erased it and started it over as I wasn't happy with it anyway.
All it consisted of was three verses of Silent night played on guitar.
I can try and just record it over in parts again (the first time wasnt' intentional it was cause I kept screwing up lol)
and then see if it joins correctly. If it doesn't I'd be happy to send it to you
and thanks
btw
I really love Auria and love that you listen to what we need. LIke for instance it's so great NOT to have to unarm the track to hear it play. It's the little things like that or the dedicated delete split join buttons etc.
It's my go to DAW and has been since the crashing problem I had in the beginning of life with audiobus etc. was fixed!
so thanks
Maria

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:12 pm

No problem, and thanks! Please let me know if you're able to get it to happen again.

Rim

Peanutcram
Expert

Post by Peanutcram » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:51 am

I had that problem several times. Join regions caused silent Tracks and sometimes on stereo tracks only One side is silent.
Undo and do again (not redo) worked in my cases...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:34 am

I don't see these issues here, so if anyone has a project that can demonstrate this, please send it to my dropbox so I can address it. It must only occur in rare cases.

Also, Auria's join feature did have a problem similar to this a while back, but it was fixed, so make sure you're using the latest version of Auria.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:47 pm

Rim wrote:I don't see these issues here, so if anyone has a project that can demonstrate this, please send it to my dropbox so I can address it. It must only occur in rare cases.

Also, Auria's join feature did have a problem similar to this a while back, but it was fixed, so make sure you're using the latest version of Auria.

Rim
I can definately say that this function is not working on the iPad Air latest version of Auria. Mine were stereo tracks just imported from garageband. When joined it produced a straight line and no waveform. Any project will do this. Cheers.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Anthony,

Would you mind taking a screenshot of your mixdown box on a project where this is happening?

Thanks,
Rim

sleepingangel

Post by sleepingangel » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:43 pm

Hey Rim,
Interestingly I decided to just redo the recording I was trying to tie together with the join region. just for the heck of it, I cut a wave up and then used the "join" region and it worked fine. So that was a very strange thing but don't know if it's a fluke or not (although now i see others have had the same issue!)
anyway here is the recording I was trying to do. It's all done in Auria (which to me has the best sound of any daw on ios!! nd maybe any DAW period!!)

https://soundcloud.com/mariacalfa-depau ... 154-finale

Peterv

Post by Peterv » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:26 pm

I am a new user to Auria. I'm seeing the same issue where joining two regions results in a region showing a flat audio line and no audio. Thankfully the undo button fixes the problem. Obviously Joining is a great feature to have. I haven't seen any workaround threads concerning this this issue. Any suggestions?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:44 pm

This is on my list to investigate for the next update, but some things to check are the mixdown options box. Make sure it's set to WAV, 24 bit and stereo. Join uses the mixdown feature, and it's possible that the settings affect the join feature (I haven't checked this though, so it's just a guess).

RIm

Cj_Stout

Post by Cj_Stout » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:17 pm

I am having the same problem with a Loopy session imported through iTunes. Joining regions (a series of loops on the same track, just two wavs), and receiving a flat line. Bummer.

Speedball

Post by Speedball » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:32 am

Hi there,

sorry for hiking this old thread. On my current project i imported a 1 Bar Loop from Patterning, copied this 4 times in Auria, multiselected those and tried to join them together to have a 4 Bar Loop. When i do this i get a silent region without a wave file.

Im on Ipad Pro, latest iOS 9.3.5 and Auria Pro.

Somewhere on the other posts somebody said it has something to do with mixdown menu, if so, how is the procedure to find out what settings i have to choose.

Can somebody help me out ?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:55 am

It's unlikely your issue is related to this old one, as that was fixed a while ago. Have you tried importing this file into a new project, duplicating it four times, then trying the join?

Rim

Speedball

Post by Speedball » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:35 am

Rim wrote:It's unlikely your issue is related to this old one, as that was fixed a while ago. Have you tried importing this file into a new project, duplicating it four times, then trying the join?

Rim
Hi,

opened a new project, did the same: still not working.

But as i rechecked the exported files from patterning, i noticed that patterning is exporting the audio as .aif files. could this be the problem ?