HELP Auria Won't Open

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

KJS1985

HELP Auria Won't Open

Post by KJS1985 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi there,
I was using Auria 1.14 on my 2nd generation ipad last night and decided to purchase the THM guitar effects plugin. It asked me to verify my purchase and after I put my password it and pressed enter the app closed. I closed the app on my ipad and restarted it. I created a new song with 8 tracks and after I typed in a name and pressed return the whole app froze. I pressed the check mark in the right hand corner and the app quit. I tried restarting it and all I get is the Auria symbol and once it gets past that the app closes. I've deleted it off my ipad and restarted my ipad and reinstalled Auria but I still can't get past the Auria symbol screen, it always crashes :( Please help.

Kelly

Aspecto5

Re: HELP Auria Won't Open

Post by Aspecto5 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:51 pm

I'm having the same problem after buying the Pro-Q EQ plugin. Did you get this resolved?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:39 am

If this happens, the best solution is to get a refund from Apple for that particular in-app purchase. Then wait a day until it propagates through their system, then try opening Auria again and repurchase the plugin.

Rim

Aspecto5

Post by Aspecto5 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:09 pm

Mine is still crashing. Grrrrrrrr......

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:30 am

Have you asked Apple for a refund on the add-on that caused this to occur?

Rim

windyweekend
Expert

Post by windyweekend » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:17 pm

I had the same problem with the MoReVox in app IRs. Got a refund from Apple but it's permanently broken Auria now, which won't start despite multiple reinstalls.

I'd avoid any and all in app purchases with Auria at all costs unless you want to lose this app.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:14 pm

This is a very rare problem, but unfortunate when it happens. The solution usually works, so I suggest waiting a day or so and trying again, since the refund takes a while to propagate through Apple's servers.

Rim

windyweekend
Expert

Post by windyweekend » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:56 am

I received a refund from Apple but it never fixed Auria which is permanently broken now. I strongly recommend not using any in app purchases because these clearly haven't been thoroughly tested. I'm back to Audacity now. My Auria days are unfortunately over.