Crash, recording lost

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

69strat
Expert

Crash, recording lost

Post by 69strat » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Got a new guitar pedal today and wanted to record myself putting it through its paces. Created a new project, one track, hit record and played for about 45 min. Stopped recording and as Auria was "processing tracks" it crashed and the recording was lost.
I ran mic>duet>ipad 4 iOS 7 using a Faderport.
Anyone else run into anything like this?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Crash, recording lost

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:31 am

Auria uses more memory when it processes the recorded tracks. It's likely that your iPad ran out of RAM and it killed off Auria as a result. Was anything else running in the background? Even apps like Settings, App Store, Safari can use a lot of your memory. I suggest closing all apps (including Auria) before starting anything important, just to be sure Auria has all the RAM available to it.

Rim

69strat
Expert

Post by 69strat » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:35 pm

All apps were closed. I did however disarm the track with my FaderPort while it was processing, is that enough to push it over the edge?
Thanks,
Pete

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:14 pm

That shouldn't have made a difference. In the future, I recommend killing and restarting Auria before doing any important recordings if you're concerned about memory. If it happens every time, let me know - it might be something in that particular project.

Rim