Video Import/Export upside down

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Video Import/Export upside down

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:05 am

Imported a video to edit the audio and the video imported upside down and when I exported it it was still upside down. I was able to turn it right side up with Pinnacle Studio. Cheers.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Video Import/Export upside down

Post by Rim » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:20 pm

I've never heard of this. Auria doesn't have a way to turn a video upside down ;) I wonder if this was caused by the source?

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:15 pm

Rim wrote:I've never heard of this. Auria doesn't have a way to turn a video upside down ;) I wonder if this was caused by the source?

Rim
I will try a few other videos to see if it was the video I was using and get back to you. Thanks
Cheers. ~~_/)~~~

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:49 am

this should be done anyway before reporting a bug. :wink:

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:14 pm

Phil999 wrote:this should be done anyway before reporting a bug. :wink:
Well I actually really like you Phill. Here is my problem and that is that I push my iPad videos through a few app before it gets to Auria for audio fixing or adding. In the past I never had a problems with this process but this time it continued. What I meant by more testing is that I now have to go back and test various formats like 720p vs 1080p as I mainly produce in these 2 formats. I also add filters from 2 apps so that too may be the culprit. I will report back anything that I find in these tests that might help others. Cheers mate. ~~_/)~~~
Last edited by Anthony Alves on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:27 pm

alright, sorry.

Still would be interesting what you find out with other video clips. I have imported only two or three for testing purposes, and they all displayed fine in Auria. Even the playback performance was good. I think they were all proxies, downscaled versions of the originals. That's what I do in a DAW on a computer as well. I hardly ever use the original video clips, they're often much too big.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:58 pm

Found the problem and I think it's a bug. I originally Took the video using the facetime camera on my iPad 4. So I tested this again only using the back camera and that was the proof. So here goes the bug. Film a small video using the facetime camera and then import it into Auria and it should be upside down. Now film a small clip using the backside camera and it imports normal. By the way this was all filmed with my iPad in landscape mode not portrait. Cheers and I hope this helps. Anyone else to confirm this would be helpful. ~~_/)~~~

DavePDX
Expert

Post by DavePDX » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:04 am

Out of curiosity, Anthony, have you tried rotating the iPad 180 degrees and importing a video taken that way. Because the iPad really has two landscape modes, one of which is upside down. Of course the iPad photo viewer handles them as if they are the same, but I've seen many instances where other devices or other iPad apps will play one direction upside down. I vaguely say "one direction" because it wasn't always consistent as to which way was considered right side up!

I just tried this, and it worked as I describe above: one of the videos imported correctly, the other played upside down.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:45 pm

Thanks I never knew this. Very helpful. It will be paying attention to this affect in my future recordings. Thanks again. Cheers. ~~_/)~~~