Crash on Mixdown

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

DragonflyJones

Crash on Mixdown

Post by DragonflyJones » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:45 pm

Please help. Every time i try to do a mixdown on any project Auria processes it then crashes. It doesn't matter what format i try to do the mixdown in or what method, dropbox, audioshare or even no export it does the exact same thing every time. Please help i just got this app and i love it, but its useless to me if i cant export my music in any kind of wy.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Crash on Mixdown

Post by Rim » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:51 am

Do you have any other apps running in the background? Random crashes like this can be caused by the iOS shutting Auria down with no warning because of lack of memory. Double-tap on your home button and close everything you see there.

If it continues to crash even with everything else closed, please send me your project. I'm about to release the next update, and if the cause of your crashing is easy to duplicate here, I should be able to make it into the next update.

Thanks,
Rim

DragonflyJones

Post by DragonflyJones » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:49 am

Rim wrote:Do you have any other apps running in the background? Random crashes like this can be caused by the iOS shutting Auria down with no warning because of lack of memory. Double-tap on your home button and close everything you see there.

If it continues to crash even with everything else closed, please send me your project. I'm about to release the next update, and if the cause of your crashing is easy to duplicate here, I should be able to make it into the next update.

Thanks,
Rim

No other apps running in the background, i always make sure everything is shut down before i start working and i generally work in airplane mode, ive frozen the tracks with fx on them to reduce the memory and cpu usage, but sill no luck. Man this is so frustrating. where can i send you my project?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:56 am

Please send the project to my dropbox: rim at drumagog dot com I'll look at it right away.

Thanks,
Rim

DragonflyJones

Post by DragonflyJones » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:21 pm

Thanks again for the help Rim. Your fix worked perfectly.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:18 pm

Glad your problem's been fixed. Is there anything the rest of us can learn from it?

DragonflyJones

Post by DragonflyJones » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Washboy wrote:Glad your problem's been fixed. Is there anything the rest of us can learn from it?

Here's what Rim sent me that fixed my issue...

Thanks for the project. I was able to fix this bug. It's something that happens pretty rarely, but I can give you a workaround now before the new update comes out:

1. Open the mixdown box
2. Choose WAV as the file format
3. Set the Bits to 24
4. Choose MP3 as the file format
5. Press OK

The issue was that the mixdown process was looking at the bit setting even though you were mixing down to an MP3. The bit setting was hidden when using MP3, but MP3 doesn't like 32 bits. So by choosing 24 first, then going back to MP3 it should work fine.

Thanks for helping me out with this!

Rim

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:36 pm

Ah! Thank you (and Rim). Useful to know until v1.14 arrives.