Can't record since iOs 7

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

bobzoli

Can't record since iOs 7

Post by bobzoli » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:30 am

Hallo,
I had problems after installing iOs 7.
I am a new user, my setup is:
iPad Retina 128
Apogee Quartet
Apogee One
I recorded up to 12 tks on iOs 6 , but, since iOs 7, I can not see/listen the signal when I turn on the tk record switch....
Also Maestro changed, now I have to plug interfaces with Maestro already launched, in order to open the interfaces' controls....
Can anybody help me?
(The settings are always the same for input matrix, record monitor on, automonitor as needed)
Thanks a lot! :D

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Can't record since iOs 7

Post by Rim » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:18 am

This is a common issue in iOS7 with all audio apps. You need to enable the audio input in your iPad privacy settings. Go to: General, Privacy, Microphone. Then make sure Auria is enabled.

I'm not sure about the Maestro problem. This is something handled by Apogee support. I suggest contacting them about it.

Rim

F1-Fanatic

Post by F1-Fanatic » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:59 pm

Rim wrote:This is a common issue in iOS7 with all audio apps. You need to enable the audio input in your iPad privacy settings. Go to: General, Privacy, Microphone. Then make sure Auria is enabled.

I'm not sure about the Maestro problem. This is something handled by Apogee support. I suggest contacting them about it.

Rim
I am still running ios6 and was thinking of upgrading to ios7.. Does this incompatibility still exist, or has it been addressed?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:23 am

If you're referring to the input setting, having to set your privacy for using the audio input is a feature or iOS7 and is probably not going away. When you launch an app for the first time in iOS7, it asks you if you want to enable the "Microphone" for this app. If you say no, you won't have any inputs available in Auria (including USB). It really should say "Inputs", but that's what Apple calls it. In any case, it's easy to go back into your settings and enable it if you chose No by mistake.

If you're asking about the Maestro issue reported here, I'm not sure. You'd need to ask someone at Apogee about this.

Rim