Crash problem since update 1.130

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Pointyhat
Expert

Re: Crash problem since update 1.130

Post by Pointyhat » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:04 pm

Rim wrote:Yes, Flo was kind enough to send me his project. I discovered a bug in FabFilter's code. I've let them know about it, and hopefully this will be fixed for the next version.

It seems that under iOS7, certain presets will cause a crash to occur in the Pro-C plugin.

Rim
I am also getting this behaviour in timeless 2 since upgrading to ios 7 and auria 1.13

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:18 pm

Is the problem everyone's having related to choosing a preset? I've let FabFilter know about this issue. If there are any other FabFilter related bugs, please let me know.

Rim

Flo27

Post by Flo27 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:58 pm

It always happens when îselect a preset.none doubt about that.when i use psp plugs((stereo echo,stereo delay,stereo chorus),.......absolutely no problems.so.......i'll check things further soon.

Pointyhat
Expert

Post by Pointyhat » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:48 pm

This is an immediate crash when selecting certain, but not all, Fab filter presets. It is completely repeatable and specific to certain presets and occurs as soon as the preset is selected in Fab filters selection dialogues. It occurs on the simplest project with only one track and only fab filter (Timeless 2 in my case), as the single insert effect.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Yes, I know about that one - I've let FabFilter know, so hopefully they'll fix it soon. But any other crashing issues?

Thanks,
Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:38 am

I got multiple crashes when trying to load a project today. So I sent one or two crash reports. But the project eventually loaded up and I noticed I used Saturn on one of the subs. So I'm pretty sure that was/is the same thing mentioned above in this thread that causes the project to crash Auria, so disregard those crash reports

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:29 am

That's different. The FabFilter bug only happens if you try to choose a preset manually (not a project loading a plugin). Is this repeatable? Maybe it was just low memory.

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:40 am

Hi Rim

I just sent another crash report, I'm not sure what's causing it so hopefully you might see something in the report. It isn't related to that one project I mentioned, it just happens at random. I guess it could be ram related, but they're empty projects (and nothing running in the background except all the stuff iOS 7 fills the ram with at boot up).

I could always delete and reinstall Auria and see if that fixes it, I have all my projects backed up and usually only have a few on the iPad at the same time anyways. The only thing I'm worried about are the plugin presets, but as long as the ones that are saved with each project loads back fine I'm good.

I can't quite understand how iOS 7 handles the ram. On iPad 2 there's over 100mb less ram compared to iOS 6 after a boot up. On the other hand iOS 7 can suddenly decide to kill of 30 or so processes which frees up another 100 or so mb. Alternatively I can use a free app called cMemory that also "cleans" the ram, and at aggressive settings that app will also kill of those 30-40 processes and free up the ram, not that the extra ram actually seems to make iOS 7 any more stable in general..

-----

Edit: I forgot to mentioned that when I added the bonus IR Files I used iFunbox (didn't wanna install the loops). The convo reverb unit in Auria have had a list where all my IRs were duplicated for quite a while (don't know what caused that), so I decided to clean the list by removing all the IRs with iFunbox, starting Auria and getting a clean preset list, added back what I think was all the factory IRs. That fixed the list problem. I dunno if that could have anything to do with the issue above ?

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:56 am

I'm just gonna delete Auria, do a reinstall and see if it gets better, just hoping the plugins presets loads up with each project.

Btw, I have all background stuff OFF (push off, very few things in the notification list, Bluetooth off, app background updates off, automatic updates off etc, parallax off). Dunno what more I can do free up ram.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:22 am

Nope, that didn´t help. Crashes at random when trying load a project (any project, also empty ones). The only thing I noticed was that all crashes happens as soon as I tap on a project, not while Auria actually is loading it, like might have happened with iOS 6. So that´s different I think? And btw the amount of RAM Auria shows as available before I try to load something doesn´t matter, could be 5mb or 85mb. I have´nt messed around with Auria that much since iOS 7, and only tried the new IAA stuff in 1.13, which worked great, also at low RAM. But I noticed this new crashing behaviour yesterday as I was starting to load up older projects again. Anyway, it happens right when you tap on a project, it never even starts to try and load things, maybe that helps narrow it down :?:

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:23 am

This sounds like an iOS7 issue with the load project page (the import audio page has the same issue). When you select a project, don't tap on the icon. Tap instead on the text name of the project.

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:34 am

Insta-bug fix, thank you. Been loading various projects non stop for 5 min and has´nt crashed yet, so that definitely seems promising! :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:45 am

Yep, I already fixed it for 1.14

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:34 pm

Rim, I just noticed the mail. Do you still need an answer (cos I seriously already forgot what I wrote, something about loading empty projects etc)?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:24 pm

No, I should be good now. Thanks.

Rim