Crash problem since update 1.130

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Flo27

Crash problem since update 1.130

Post by Flo27 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi rim.here i amm with my bugs.lol!!!like i,ve told you previously,auria crashes a lot since last update.sometimes,the app crashes while i.m tweaking a plug.i've done a hard reset...for now,it works....for how much time?lol...i know you want more details .but which kind?i.ve already told you i mostly use auria as a plug.auria is never overloaded.far from that.i hope i will be able to help.maybe something i'm missing.

ChrisG
Expert

Re: Crash problem since update 1.130

Post by ChrisG » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:43 pm

If the hard reset did the trick it might have been an app/process stuck, running in the background using the CPU (you said the CPU was hovering quite high without nothing loaded in Auria over at the Audiobus forum if I remebr correctly, yes I'm senile).

Browsing presets inside plugs, yes that causes crashes from time to time here too (on both iOS 6 and 7). I can't see a pattern except perhaps iOS being...iOS, luckily Auria always keeps your projects safe though which is prio nr 1. I'm just looking at it all as iOS is still a bit like windows 98 when it comes to stability. Couple that with really complex apps like Auria that is on the forefront of DAW technology on iOS/tablets, and you have yourself a system where things just are bound to go wrong from time to time. I'm surprised Auria is as stable as it is though on lower end devices like iPad 2, given all it does. But it'll get better with each new iPad and iOS version etc...

Sorry maybe strayed a bit from the specific issue here. :?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:30 pm

Flo,

OK, thanks for coming aboard. Let's get to the bottom of what's going on! I'll need some very specific details about what you're doing to make Auria crash. If you can show me step by step what you did to make it crash, I can follow your exact steps here and see if my Auria crashes also. Once I can get it to crash here, it's pretty easy for me to fix it in the next update.

So, what I'll need is a step by step instruction list. For example:

1. Open Auria
2. Create a new project
3. Turn the Pan knob
4. Crash
5. etc. etc.

You get the idea. Please be very specific. Otherwise, it'll be hard for me to recreate your steps.

Thanks,
Rim

Flo27

Post by Flo27 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Things are very simple.i open auria.i always use the same project,cause idon't record in auria.i send audio from the apogee quartet,ipress record on my stereo track (without pressing play.iselect fx on top of the track,then,i load a plug in.and then somtimes,at that momen,it might crash for whatever reason.sometimes,i do nothing special,sometimes,it happens while i.m browsing through presets.here is what i can say.hope it will help.

Janushka

Post by Janushka » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:14 pm

Hi Rim,

Exact as Flo27 marks happens . just try to open a project and Boom , gone is auria. :-( .

But the good news is ; Drumagog works flawless now. Thnx .

Good luck on finding this exact issue to solve... , In LE also..

But i appreciate your patience ........ what a job ...never rest seems... take it some times .

Janushka (Holland)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:50 pm

Flo,

Can you please send me your project? This might help me duplicate the problem here. You can send it to my dropbox: rim at drumagog dot com

Thanks,
Rim

Flo27

Post by Flo27 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:09 am

The emali adress doesn't seem valid.what is the exact adress.or,have you another one?thanks.it just crashed once again.same process as yesterday.i was playing with saturn.and....auria is gone.once again.i really can't use it anymore for now.thanks.

Flo27

Post by Flo27 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:05 am

New info.i,ve inveerted the process.i.ve done a test with auria on ipad 2 6.1.3.i'm sending audio from apogee in auria,and,surprise!!!absolutely none problem..strange.sure,much more cpu intensive,but it works.sure,i.m not satisfied.i'd like to use auria on ipad 4.can it be ios7 related?maube should i try to reinstall auria?it's really strange.

Flo27

Post by Flo27 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:07 am

Edit: forgot to say auria has also been updated on ipad 2.ver 1.130 installed.thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:16 am

Flo, thanks. This might be some kind of iOS7 issue. I would still love to see the project. My dropbox email address is rim at drumagog dot com. You'll need to create a real email address from that sentence. I don't like to put @ and . in a public forum, as this attracts spam bots. So just substitute the at for @ and the dot for .

Rim

Flo27

Post by Flo27 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:34 am

Hi rim.must i try to reinstall?

Flo27

Post by Flo27 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi.it's been done.the bug has been found.rim will surely explain you that.thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:07 pm

Yes, Flo was kind enough to send me his project. I discovered a bug in FabFilter's code. I've let them know about it, and hopefully this will be fixed for the next version.

It seems that under iOS7, certain presets will cause a crash to occur in the Pro-C plugin.

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:27 pm

Hm I had repeated crashes yesterday while browsing presets in Volcano. I'm gonna check it and see if it's still there

-----

Edit: So a bunch of presets under the arp section in Volcano crashes Auria. Arturia iSEM in insert slot 1 and Volcano in insert slot 2, on an empty/new project. iPad 2, iOS 7.02. Auria set to record buffer 512. Now Volcano can easily overload the iPad 2 CPU on a lot of presets, but it did seemed tied to a bunch of the arp presets in the lower half on the arp preset list. CPU overload or same bug as the pro-c perhaps (I haven't had the chance to try pro-c with Auria 1.13 yet), I wouldn't know..

Flo27

Post by Flo27 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Each fabfilter plugs has problems.sturn crashed a lot on ipad 4 ios7.it never crashed on ipad 2 ios61.1.3.it seems to be an ios7 problem.i really hope there will be a solution.i can' t work the way i used to anymore.i must record in auria on ipad2.sure,i can 't use some plugins(convolution reverbs).cpu problems.frustrating.fingers grossed.thanks.