Fabfilter Pro C sidechain

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Phil999
Expert

Re: Fabfilter Pro C sidechain

Post by Phil999 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:40 pm

Lee B wrote:O.k, just had another quick look and I've got it working just fine on the regular channel strip, but it didn't seem to react on the busses. Not sure why that would be?
sorry for asking, but how do you enable side-chaining on the regular channel strip? Rim said that it's only possible with FabFilter plugins, and that there would be a button on the top bar.

Coopmusic247
Expert

Post by Coopmusic247 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:03 pm

At the top right corner of the expanded plugin. Honestly, its best to check a youtube video for the particular fabfilter you want to use and you'll learn a lot.

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:30 pm

sure, but what about the Auria (PSP) channel strip? Did I misunderstand something? Yeah, I think I did. Will have to purchase Pro-C to make side-chaining possible in Auria. Although it has no priority, I'm doing fine without side-chaining. Just wanted to clear things up.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:40 am

None of the built-in plugins (including channelstrip / masterstrip) support sidechain. I've asked PSP about adding this, but we'll see if they have time.

Rim

justfordima

Post by justfordima » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:25 pm

I have the same issue. Side chain routes perfectly on an individual channel, but when added on a subgroup I either get no signal routed at all from any channel I choose or I once or twice got a weird stutter as a signal as if the kick drum which I was trying out had a really loud delay effect added to it or something.

Hope this gets fixed soon, as a work around I'm running an instance of the Pro-C on the individual Vocal tracks (3) which I can't bounce into a single track just yet.

Thanks!

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:11 pm

justfordima wrote:I have the same issue. Side chain routes perfectly on an individual channel, but when added on a subgroup I either get no signal routed at all from any channel I choose or I once or twice got a weird stutter as a signal as if the kick drum which I was trying out had a really loud delay effect added to it or something.

Hope this gets fixed soon, as a work around I'm running an instance of the Pro-C on the individual Vocal tracks (3) which I can't bounce into a single track just yet.

Thanks!
Would it work to put Pro-C on a vocal bus? Just a thought.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Coopmusic247
Expert

Post by Coopmusic247 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:55 pm

It's any bus.