Conv reverb and Overloud Thm

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

SimoneArletti

Conv reverb and Overloud Thm

Post by SimoneArletti » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:15 am

Hi Rim
I've got an iPad 3 and the conv reverb doesn't work, it seems that the iPad is not quite powerfull to support this reverb. I've downloaded the Overloud thm and there are so many problems: delayed sound, when I turn on/off and effect there so many noise that I have to take off the camera connection kit and to restart..I use a 18i8 focusrite..
Why so many problems?
Thanks a lot and sorry about my english!!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Conv reverb and Overloud Thm

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:19 am

In order for the convolution reverb to work, Auria must be running with a 4096 playback latency. There's no way to set this in the settings (you can only change the record latency). But there are a couple of cases where Auria is forces to use a lower latency (and the convolution reverb doesn't work in these cases):

1. If you started another audio app before you started Auria. Always start Auria first
2. If you're using Audiobus Mode. This disables the convolution reverb.

The easiest way to fix this is to close Auria, then double tap on the home button and close all the apps you see in the list. Then start Auria.

Rim

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:17 pm

I've found that it's easier on the CPU if I only use the classic reverb when I need to hear some reverb while tracking, and then change to a more appropriate IR reverb during mixdown. This helps to keep the CPU usage down on my iPad 2.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

SimoneArletti

Post by SimoneArletti » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:33 pm

Thank you Rim, and what about the plugin Overloud Thm?
Thanks a lot!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:06 pm

All the plugins use more CPU when you have another audio app running at a low latency. Also, if you try to record with effects and your record latency is set low this causes high CPU usage as well. We haven't benchmarked them, but some plugins use 50% more CPU when running at a low latency.

Rim