Gap on recordings and clicks on joining

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sebastianbarria
Expert

Gap on recordings and clicks on joining

Post by sebastianbarria » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:52 pm

Hi Rim.
I sent you a few weeks ago a project with an example of clicks generated while joining regions.
Since it was happening me in several wave files joined and (remembering my first problem) the Auria proyect never stops growing (I sent you that project too named "nave temporal") I decided to export an AAF file and make the final mix in pro-tools.
There I fixed the clicks with the pencil tool and joined the files without problems. Mixed and all that stuff.
BUT... I found another problem: some of the wave files had gaps. I'm attaching you an image for you to see what I mean.
The image I'm sending you is of a wave recorded using audiobus, and I'm not really sure, but I remember I fixed another wave file with that problem, but I don't know if it was using audiobus or direct recording.
So... I don't know if this is something to worry about, or maybe it was just an specific problem that we will never know, but I'm worried because of the problem I found on the app. I really want to record using Auria and my ioDock, but the weight problem and the click/gap problem is making me doubt on it.
I thing this is something to solve priorly, before continuing adding functionalities to the app.
Anyway it's a great great app, and it helped me a lot on the recording process. Thanks for that!
Attachments
gap.png
gap.png (165.8 KiB) Viewed 3673 times

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Gap on recordings and clicks on joining

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:20 am

I have since fixed that click problem with Split/Join, and you'll see that fix in 1.13 (thanks for your project, that really helped me find the problem).

As far as the gaps, it's possible this is related to Audiobus. If you used it to generate the audio with the gaps, this could have happened when Audiobus was adjusting it's buffers. It seems Audiobus uses a scheme that adjusts the buffer size in real time in order to compensate for any real time delays, and this can cause audible clicking in certain cases.

Rim

sebastianbarria
Expert

Post by sebastianbarria » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:31 am

Thanks Rim.
I'm glad to help you!...
About audiobus, I have a question: is Auria (or will be) compatible with inter-app audio?... in that case, what would be better... to use Audiobus or inter-app audio?
Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Yes, there are posts about this in the forum. Auria 1.13 will fully support IAA. In my opinion, it's a lot easier to use than Audiobus at the moment. It's possible that an Audiobus update will introduce additional features that'll make it more attractive, but right now I feel IAA is a no brainer.

Rim